The Wuhan coronavirus outbreak is causing a whole big deal to the MWC 2023 event, some companies who has pulled out of the event already includes LG Electronics, Ericsson and Nvidia. Now Amazon is pulling out of MWC 2023, following the outbreak of coronavirus.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
Amazon will withdraw from exhibiting and participating in Mobile World Congress 2023,” the company said in a statement on Sunday.
With the rapid spread of the China virus showing no signs of slowing down, the industry watchers have also warned that others may soon follow the suit.
According to Ericsson, the company has already taken a number of precautionary measures to ensure health and safety of its employees and to minimise the impact on the company’s operations.
“After an extensive internal risk assessment, Ericsson has decided to take further precautionary measures by withdrawing from the MWC Barcelona 2023, the largest event in the telecom industry,” it said in a statement.
Ericsson, as one of the largest exhibitors, said it has thousands of visitors in its hall each day and even if the risk is low, the company cannot guarantee the health and safety of its employees and visitors.
To showcase the company’s portfolio and innovations, the Swedish telecom company will also take the demos and content created for the MWC Barcelona to customers in their home markets with local events called “Ericsson Unboxed”.
Earlier, LG Electronics said in a statement that with the safety of its employees, partners and customers foremost in mind, “LG has decided to withdraw from exhibiting and participating in MWC 2023 later this month in Barcelona, Spain.”
The MWC organiser said that it is monitoring and assessing the potential impact of the coronavirus on its events held annually in Barcelona, Shanghai, and Los Angeles and as well as the Mobile 360 Series of regional conferences.
After report of ZTE cancelling a press conference at the MWC 2023 in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak surfaced, the Chinese tech major clarified that it will still have booth space at the show and that its participation in the event will go “as planned”.
We hope whichever number of companies that will make it to the event it would be a success.
- Amazon and Meta Partnership to Allow Users Buy Amazon Products Directly on Facebook
- Amazon’s price-raising algorithm Nessie exposed they have earned it $1 billion
- Isaimini APK Mod 8.1 (Premium unlocked )
- Amazon develops gallery in London to test new technologies such as augmented reality hairstyles
- Musk’s worth was overtaken by the Louis Vuitton CEO Bernard Arnott and now ranks third on the Forbes rich list
- How to fix the Fire TV Stick can’t update issue
- How Can I Retrieve My Amazon Tracking ID When Track Package Button Is Not Visible?
- How the Coronavirus Lockdown With Netflix Party works
- Microsoft, Amazon, etc. apply to protect their confidential data in Google’s antitrust case
- Bezos, the world’s richest man, sold more than $3 billion in Amazon stock and has cashed in over $10 billion this year
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.