The official version of Microsoft Win10 21H1 has been launched, and the preview version of Win10 Build 21387.1 was pushed for test channel users last night. For this version and subsequent preview versions, the IE11 browser will be officially disabled and will be replaced by the Edge browser with Internet Explorer mode. In addition, this version of the system also fixes a large number of Bugs.
Officials said that the IE11 browser in the official version of Win10 will be retired on June 15, 2022, and will be replaced by the IE mode of the Edge browser. The purpose of this major change is to improve security and convenience, and prevent users’ passwords from being stolen.
The second change in the Win10 Build 21387.1 preview version is the cancellation of the function of manually setting the energy saving mode in the task manager. This feature allows users to set the state for a single process, reducing resource usage. However, many users reported that this feature is prone to program errors, so Microsoft canceled this feature.
Naijatechnews understands that this preview version also fixes the following bugs:
- Fixes the error of using Times New Roman font in the text in the welcome screen after the first boot of the system in the previous version.
- Fixed an error when some users tried to start Notepad with Run dialog.
- Fixed the fault encountered by WSL users, which manifested as the problem that some Linux GUI applications could not be launched through the shortcut in the start menu.
- Fixed the error problem of resetting or modifying the PIN password.
- Fixed the bug of “Cannot find audio device” when Bluetooth audio is connected.
For more update logs, please refer to the original English text of Microsoft’s official blog: Click to open