POCO has unveiled the highly anticipated flagship killer dubbed the POCO F4 5G. Along with this smartphone, the company has also launched the POCO X4 GT, which is basically a rebranded version of the China-exclusive Redmi Note 11T Pro.
POCO X4 GT Unveiled
Starting with the design, the smartphone comes with a flat back along with curved edges. Its rectangular camera module has a total of five cutouts for three cameras and two flash modules. The volume rocker and power button are placed on the side.
Up front, the device has a 6.6-inch IPS LCD panel with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The screen offers a 144Hz refresh rate, 650 nits of brightness, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The display has a centered punch-hole for the front camera and slim bezels going around it. The most impressive details about this display are that it offers 1 billion different colors, DC dimming, and has Dolby Vision certification.
Under the hood, the device comes with the MediaTek Dimensity 8100 chipset paired with the Mali-G610 MC6 GPU. The company has offered the device with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage configuration. For thermal management, the device features Advanced Liquidcool technology 2.0 with 7 graphite sheet layers for heat dissipation.
Taking a quick look at gaming performance showcased by POCO, the smartphone averages at 89.6 FPS on high graphics settings while playing Free Fire. It also manages to keep its temperature around 41.5 degrees Celsius through a 100-minute long session. In MOBA titles like Mobile Legends, the POCO X4 GT churns out 117.5 FPS on average while keeping its temperature below 45 degrees Celsius.
Coming to the battery, the X4 GT has a large 5,080mAh battery that comes with 67W fast charging support which is claimed to charge the smartphone to 100% in just 46 minutes.
For optics, the device features a triple camera setup on the back. It is headlined by a 64-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL GW1 primary sensor that features a 1/1.72 sensor size. The primary sensor is paired with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and 120 degrees field of view, and another 2-megapixel macro shooter with f/2.4 aperture.
Other than that, the smartphone has a 3.5mm headphone jack, a dual stereo speaker setup with Hi-Res audio certification, an X-axis linear motor for haptics, WiFi 6, and Bluetooth 5.3. Last but not the least, it runs on Android 12-based MIUI 13 for POCO.
POCO X4 GT Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, June 23
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 74.3 x 8.9 mm (6.44 x 2.93 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 200 g (7.05 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 144Hz, Dolby Vision, 500 nits (typ), 650 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.6 inches, 103.4 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2460 pixels (~407 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, MIUI 13 for POCO
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 8100 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.85 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G610 MC6
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.9 (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K, 1080p
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm
- Video: 1080p
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5080 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 46 min (advertised)
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
POCO X4 GT Price and Availability
POCO has priced the X4 GT at €299 for the 8GB + 128GB variant, while the 8GB + 256GB has a price tag of €349. It will be available in some European regions from 27th June through different channels like Amazon, AliExpress, Lazada, Allegro, Poco store, etc.