Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S one of the 2022 iteration of the Xiaomi Redmi Note Series. It is more or less like the 4G variant of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S 5G. Xiaomi Redmi Note 11Sfeatures a brilliant 6.43-inch display, a 108MP quad rear camera, a 16MP selfie camera, and a 5000 mAh battery with fast charging support.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S
Jumia Nigerial | Jumia Kenya | Jumia Ghana
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S Key Specs and Features
- 6.43 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~409 ppi density)
- Android 11, MIUI 13
- Mediatek Helio G96 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor
- 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB Built-in Storage
- Fingerprint Sensor (side mounted)
- 108 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE Support
- 33W Fast Charging Capacity
- 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S comes in a plastic body available in Graphite Gray, Pearl White, and Twilight Blue. The entire front is covered in scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with an dot notch provided for the selfie camera.
The AMOLED display measures 6.43-inches with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. It features brilliant viewing experience for watching movies and browsing the web. The display is pretty bright rated at up to 1000 nits of brightness.
The Xiaomi phone may also have some potential in gaming thanks to the 90Hz refresh rate. Of course, this is a limited potential, but it should be able to handle a decent amount of games.
On the back, Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S sports four cameras with an LED flash. A fingerprint sensor is provided on the side.
Now we go deeper into the cameras. Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S should be great for photography with a decent camera setup. The rear camera module consists of four lenses.
You get an impressive 108 megapixels wide-angle lens with an f/1.9 aperture and an 8 megapixels ultrawide angle lens with an FoV of 118˚ and an f/2.2 aperture. This two cameras are supported by two 2 megapixels cameras one being a macro lens and the other a bokeh lens.
In the front, you have a 16 megapixels wide angle lens with an f/2.5 aperture. The android phone does not support 4K video recording, instead you get full HD video recording on both the front and rear cameras.
Hardware and Software
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S is driven by Mediatek Helio G96 (12 nm) octa-core chipset. This is the same chipset as models like the Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro, the Infinix Note 12 VIP and the Tecno Camon 19 Pro.
The chipset features a dual-core Cortex-A76 and hexa-core Cortex-A55 clocked at 2.05GHz and 2.0GHz respectively. You get the option of 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB or 128GB UFS 2.2 built-in storage or 8GB LPDDR4X RAM withr 256GB UFS 2.2 for built-in storage.
A non-removable 5000mAh battery which is supported by an 33W fast charging system is provided inside. Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S runs on Android 11 out of the box, but there is an Android 12 update for the device.
The smartphone features a USB type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0 and dual-band WiFi. This model does not support 5G. You only get 4G connectivity.
For 5G, there is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S 5G or maybe the Xiaomi Poco X4 Pro 5G.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S Price and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S price in Nigeria starts at around 135,500 Naira. The Redmi Note 11S costs around $240 at leading online stores and 35,000 KES in Kenya.
The Xiaomi Redmi phone was announced February 2022 and became available for purchase in March 2022.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11S:
- Platform: Android 11, MIUI 13
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G96 (12 nm) Octa Core Processor (2.05 GHz dual-core Cortex-A76 and 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 6GB, 8GB RAM
- Colours: Graphite Gray, Pearl White, Twilight Blue
- Dimension: 159.9 x 73.9 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 179 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (~409 ppi density), ~84.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP (wide) Camera
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: No
- 3G WCDMA: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (CA)
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: USB Type-C (USB 2.0), USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Side Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity