Table of Contents
There are times when we run out of credit or cash and need to borrow airtime, without airtime on our mobile phones, it is virtually impossible to make calls. However, there are times when we cannot recharge our phone lines even if we wanted to. There are many reasons why this could happen.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
First, you might not have cash at hand or in your bank account to purchase credit. Next, even if you have money, the recharge card dealer might not be nearby. You might also be in a location where there is no internet connection thus making sending a WhatsApp text might not be possible.
So, the question comes, how do you make that vital call without credit on your phone? The good news is that telecom companies have created channels with which you can borrow credit for your phone line.
This means you can still make calls on your MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9Mobile lines even if you have no airtime on your smartphone.
Let’s show you how to borrow airtime on any of the lines mentioned above.
How to Borrow Airtime on an MTN Line
Borrowing airtime on your MTN line does not take time. First dial *606#. You will receive a message which tells you if you meet the criteria for borrowing airtime (your eligibility).
If you are eligible, you will receive a message in the following format:
- Eligibility Status
- Request Airtime (XtraTime)
- Request Data (Xtra Byte)
- XtraTime Balance
Choose the Request Airtime option
On the pop-up window, choose the amount of credit you wish to borrow. Your line will be credited within seconds.
Normally, MTN charges about 15% of the total value of the airtime requested. This fee is deducted from your next recharge.
How to Borrow Airtime on a 9Mobile Line
With 9Mobile you can also borrow airtime with your mobile device. The first step is to dial *665# or dial *665*amount#
For subscribers of 9Mobile, they can borrow airtime with the following steps.
- Dial *665# or *665*amount#
On the pop-up menu, you will see the following options.
- Get the highest amount you can borrow
- Choose Loan Amount
- Check Eligibility
- Check Loan Balance
- Deactivate Loan
- Activate Loan
Select any of the options and follow the on-screen instructions from there. Immediately you specify the amount of you want to borrow, your lines become credited.
How to Borrow Airtime on a Glo Line
You can also borrow airtime from GLO. However, the method with GLO is a bit longer because you’re expected to add a security pin. This is done by following the steps below:
Glo also permits its consumers to borrow airtime. However, Globacom requires a security pin before it credits your GLO line. Now here are the steps.
- Dial *321# then create a four-digit code of your choice, e.g. 0923
- Borrow the airtime by pressing *321* code*amount you want to borrow. For instance: *321*0911*200#
Within a few seconds, your GLO line will be credited with the amount you requested for.
How to borrow airtime on an Airtel line
If you use an Airtel line, you can borrow credit by dialling *500*amount#. Using this service, you can borrow as much as N500 worth of airtime at once
On all networks, borrowing airtime includes a service charge. However, this depends on the network you are using. Usually, the fee falls between 10 and 15%. For example, MTN has a service charge of 15% which means you will be credited with #185 if you request for #200 credit.
With our guide, you can borrow credit from your telecom provider and place that important call. However, you can only borrow credit if you do not have any outstanding debts on your line.
- MTN Nigeria Has Cleared Customer’s Airtime Loan
- MTN Free Browsing Cheat [October – November 2023]: New MTN mPulse + HA Tunnel Plus
- MTN Internet APN Configuration For Fast Internet Service Anywhere in Nigeria
- How to Get FREE 50GB Data on MTN – Complete Guide!
- How To Check If NIN Is Successfully Linked To Sim For All Network
- Glo Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat 2023
- MTN Data Plan 2023/2024: All MTN Bundles Prices and Codes
- 9mobile Unlimited Streaming Pak & Streaming Data Plan On VPN
- MTN Nigeria Foundation Awards Scholarships to 1,011 Nigerian Undergraduates
- MTN MiFi 2023 Allow To Check Data Plans, Router iP Login & Subscription Steps
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.