Cameras have evolved over the years to become the most technologically enabled devices in the world. If you think about the history – how it started with just a light box requiring celluloid and a dark to the digital components we have today – you’d realize how far we have come. Cameras have gone beyond just capturing pictures of memorable moments. Thanks to technology, they now even enable people to live in those moments by recording videos of those beautiful times.
Gone are the days when cameras were limited in sizes and types. Today, there are various types of cameras and are available in different sizes. You can get a camera as small as a mobile phone that you can keep in your pocket and use anytime you need it. Cameras are very powerful tools that help you keep amazing memories for a lifetime. With different types of cameras available today, it has only become easier for people to capture those scintillating moments of one’s life.
Cameras are available in different types and for various purposes. The digital camera, which is arguably the most widely used, is regarded as the most personal of camera types. They are available in compact sizes, easy to use, and boast of user friendly features. Some of the latest digital cameras even support internet connections and connectivity to other devices. This means that you can easy upload pictures directly to social media platforms, send pictures to your mail, connect the camera to your PCs, printers or mobile phones, etc.
There are high-tech cameras that have been pushed to the market in recent times. Some of these cameras are waterproof. This means that they can be used to capture and shoot underwater pictures and videos respectively. They are useful in taking amazing underwater selfies, capture scuba diving and other artistic underwater stunts.
Here, we will take a look at prices of different cameras available in the market today. We will also look at factors to consider when purchasing one.
Prices of Cameras in Nigeria
Cameras vary in types, sizes, qualities and functionality. With the market for cameras increasing daily, different camera brands have joined the array of already congested market. New high tech cameras have been introduced in recent times, and this only makes the marker more competitive.
Cameras also very in features and functionality and hence, prices. They can be gotten directly from various manufacturers or local distributors across the country. For convenience, cameras can also be easily purchased online with lots of e-commerce websites boasting of different types of the camera.
Let us take a look at prices of common cameras in Nigeria today.
- Canon Camera Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Panasonic Camera Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Video Camera Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Digital Camera Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- CCTV Camera Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Nikon Camera Prices in Nigeria (2022)
- Drone Camera Prices in Nigeria (2022)
Digital Cameras are the most common types of cameras in Nigeria. Most of the cameras listed above are digital cameras. Some of these cameras are regarded as professionals and are mainly used for professional purposes although they can also be suitable for personal use. Some others are mainly designed for personal use. They have limited memory space and are restricted in functionality. Some cameras on the list are designed basically to take pictures while some others can also record videos for a long time.
The variation in prices is dues to some factors which include the place and period of buy, currency exchange rate, and other similar factors. For instance, a Sony camera in Lagos may cost twice the amount it costs in other parts of the country. Also, there are specific months prices of cameras go up. During summer break and festive periods, you can expect cameras, especially digital cameras, to be more expensive.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Camera
There are a number of factors to consider when buying a camera. The various types and brands of cameras available today have made it quite difficult to pick a particular camera. Usually, people buy cameras for their functionality and ease of use, especially when you need the camera for professional use that would require you to be more sensitive. These factors will help you streamline your options and eventually pick the best camera for you.
- Style: Cameras come in different styles and designs. They come as compact, ultra-compact, big, and medium sizes. If you need the camera for personal use, it is always advisable to go for compact cameras that you can easily keep in your bag or pocket. For a more professional use though, going for a bigger camera with larger image sensor, image stabilization and HD video is preferable.
- Functionality: The functionality and overall performance of a camera is determined by some certain factors. The size, number of pixels, lens quality, aperture sizes and optical zoom are among these factors. Sit is essential consider cameras with a considerably high number of pixels and lens quality when buying a camera.
- Budget: Cameras vary in sizes. You can easily purchase a good camera for less than N100, 000. The most expensive cameras are not necessarily the best. Set a budget and go for a camera within the range, putting in mind the already listed factors to consider.
Other factors to consider include:
- Smart auto modes and image stabilization
- Ease of use
- How fast the camera operation is