As the market continues to be affected by coronavirus concerns and economic uncertainty, U.S. stocks plunged and fell into a bear market on Thursday. The five largest US tech giants, Amazon, Apple, Alphabet, Facebook, and Microsoft, lost $416.63 billion in market value overnight.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
For the current performance of each share, its decline has reached the most since the stock market disaster in 1987, the pace of collapse.
Specifically, Apple shares plunged 9.88% on Thursday; Facebook fell 9.30%; Alphabet fell 8.2%; Amazon shares fell 7.98%’ Microsoft shares fell 9.48%. The S&P index triggered the fuse mechanism for the second time in the week. The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged more than 2350 points, its biggest one-day drop since the 1987 ‘Black Monday’ market crash.
These technology companies have been one of the biggest driving forces for the rebound in the US stock market, which has brought the S&P 500 index to a record high last month.
What crashed investors was that although the New York Fed announced on Thursday the launch of a bail-out plan of at least $1.22 trillion, it failed to stop U.S. stocks from falling. The Cboe Volatility Index, which measures the degree of market panic, reached a new high since the 2008 financial crisis.
So far this year, the five technology giants have recorded sharp declines. Among them, Facebook fell the most, reaching 24.7%, Google fell 17.0%, Apple fell 15.5%, Microsoft fell 11.8%, and Amazon fell 9.3%.
- Apple iPhone 16 / Pro will use graphene heat dissipation system
- Apple watchOS 10.2 Beta 3 reintroduces “swipe to switch watch faces” option
- Apple iPhone 15/Pro dominates “list of fastest 5G phones” in the US
- Apple iPhone SE 4 rendering: 48MP main camera, 6.1-inch screen, USB-C port
- 😂🤣 British man bought iPhone 15 Pro Max from Apple’s official website, but received an Android copycat phone
- Apple macOS 14.2 Developer Preview Beta 3 released
- Apple watchOS 10.2 developer preview Beta 3 released
- Apple iOS/iPadOS 17.2 Developer Preview Beta 3 released
- How to identify your Apple Watch model
- Amazon and Meta Partnership to Allow Users Buy Amazon Products Directly on Facebook
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.