West Africa’s leading connectivity and data center provider, MainOne, has partnered with AWALE, a neutral network operator that provides high speed data transmission capacity via its fiber optic cables installed on the national transport and electricity, to support the Crisis Cell of the Ivoirian Government in its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
This measure of solidarity will reinforce the emergency deployment plan of the Ministry of Digital Economy and Postal Services of the country.
The joint initiative includes the provision of free connectivity capacity and Internet services to strategic state institutions for a period of three (3) months.
According to both MainOne and AWALE, this is part of their continuous efforts to support Government’s response plan to COVID-19.
MainOne and AWALE are jointly contributing their broadband connectivity infrastructure and ICT services for the delivery of critical online and real-time public services during this challenging period
With civil lockdown, social distancing and remote work patterns becoming the new-normal in Côte d’Ivoire and globally, MainOne and AWALE are determined to ensure the Ivorian Crisis Committee continues to dispense its socio-economic and public security responsibilities through virtual platforms.
The enhanced connectivity offering provides the Government’s Crisis Committee with robust access to real-time information management, whilst seamlessly connecting essential workers across the nation.
It is also helping to drive dynamic exchange of scientific findings and access to global knowledge related to control and management of the disease by researchers in Côte d’Ivoire, enabling them to collaborate with colleagues around the world and participate in the global fight against the pandemic.
While speaking on the impetus for the joint COVID-19 intervention, MainOne’s Regional Executive Director, West Africa, Kazeem Oladepo, explained that “as an organization committed to enabling the digital economy of West Africa, MainOne is well aware of the impact of the pandemic on public services, infrastructure and businesses, as well as the economic challenges faced by Governments. As a premier provider and responsible Ivorian business, we will continue to support the efforts of Governments at every level by providing world-class internet infrastructure and value-added services that reduce cost, drive operational continuity and seamless communication for good governance in Côte d’Ivoire. We are proud to partner with AWALE, a subsidiary of the Pan-African Group ERANOVE, who shares our commitment to supporting Government efforts to manage the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic across the sub region.”
Expressing similar sentiments, Founder and Managing Director of AWALE, Daniel Sampah, added that “AWALE appreciates the efforts of the Ivorian Sate in deploying an effective response plan to COVID-19 disease. We are honored to support the CIV’s actions by making available to Operators and Internet Service Providers, our carrier-neutral network entirely based on fiber optics. Our partnership with MainOne will enable the provision of quality connectivity infrastructure to the Governments’ Crisis Committee and thus minimizes the impact of the COVID-19 on activities in the country.”
- FG Begins Approval of COVID-19 TCF Loan: Check Your Status
- U.S. Covid-19 cases are growing rapidly, and Google searches for “anxiety” hit a 16-year high
- Skype vs Zoom: Comparison, Which one is better
- England will enter a one-month lockdown period: Apple announces the closure of 33 flagship stores
- #EndSARS COVID-19 Palliatives Loot; Wickedness & insensitivity of the govt against the suffering poor masses
- COVID-19: Update in Nigeria
- Google YouTube strengthens COVID-19 content management: remove false information videos
- Realistic “Terror Cruise Ship”: Bringing the New Coronavirus to the World
- Smartphone to be used for daily tracking of first set to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- U.S. billionaire wealth increases by more than US$800 billion during COVID-19
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.