OxygenOS 4.7.6 on OnePlus 5T: The OnePlus 5T is the mid-season substitute flagship from the Chinese company OnePlus. The developer support since the first OnePlus device was always been great. OnePlus 5T is an upgraded version of the OnePlus 5 which was released in 2017 June. OnePlus 5T has carried all the features and specifications of its predecessor OnePlus 5. The most readily and significant visible alteration is the display, it’s tall and trendy, 18:9 6-inches with 2,160×1,080 pixels. The major upgrades in OnePlus 5T are display and Battery which is 3400 mAh wherein OnePlus 5 there is 3000 mAh battery.
OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 4.7.6 based on Android Nougat for OnePlus 5T devices. This is an incremental OTA (over-the-air) update, rolling out in phase manner, this update brings assistive lighting for face unlock feature with various performance improvements and bug fixes. This update also includes Android December Security Patch.
Along with assistive lighting for face unlock feature in the OxygenOS 4.7.6, the onePlus added stability improvements in camera, improved quality while taking low light selfies, improved performance in 3rd party camera apps. This update also includes improvements in the expanded screenshot, Improvements in the Wi-Fi display and general bug fixes. Have a look at the full changelog below.
- Stability improvements
- Clarity improvements for selfie in low light
- Performance improvements for 3rd party camera apps
- Added assistive lighting for face unlock
- Improvements for expanded screenshot
- Improvements for Wi-Fi display
- Updated Android security patch to December
This is an incremental update, it is rolling out in phase manner and can take couple of days to reach all corners of the world. You can check fro the update in Settings -> System updates -> Check for Update.
Follow this guide to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 on OnePlus 5T.
- You can take an entire backup of important data before updating.
- You can keep your battery charge about 60% minimum to prevent any accidental shut down.
Steps to Install OxygenOS 4.7.6 on OnePlus 5T
- Download the full ROM or OTA zip files from the above links.
- Connect your device to the PC using USB cable and transfer the downloaded zip file to the internal storage.
- Go to Settings’ -> System updates.
- Click on the the gear icon ⚙ on the top-right side of the screen.
- Tap on the Local upgrade
- Select the Full ROM or OTA zip file
- Click on UPGRADE NOW to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 on OnePlus 5T.
Method 2 (TWRP Recovery Method)
- Download Full ROM Zip and transfer file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power “ buttons to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Go to TWRP main menu, Click on the Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Navigate to the main menu in TWRP, click on install and select the Full ROM Zip file
- Once you have selected the Full ROM Zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- After the installation process is completed, check the Wipe cache/Dalvik option, click on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now reboot your device from the main menu.
Hope you have successfully installed OxygenOS 4.7.6 on OnePlus 5T. Let us know your feedback on this new update in the comment section below.