Everything Details About NMMU Online Application Portal | nmmu.ac.za
Everything Details About NMMU Online Application Portal | nmmu.ac.za.
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU), formerly known as the University of Port Elizabeth (UPE), is a South African university with its main administration in the coastal city of Port Elizabeth.
Nelson Mandela University was founded through a merger of three institutions in January 2005, but its history dates back to 1882, with the foundation of the Port Elizabeth Art School.
Nelson Mandela University is a comprehensive university offering professional and vocational training. The University has seven campuses – six in Port Elizabeth and one in George. The main campus of the university is South Campus.
Students at Nelson Mandela University can study towards a diploma or a degree up to doctoral level qualifications. A number of courses include workplace experience as part of the curriculum at Nelson Mandela University. English is the university’s medium of instruction.
Missions of NMMU
Below are some of the angles touched:
To offer a diverse range of life-changing educational experiences for a better world. To achieve our vision and mission, we will ensure that:
- Our values inform and define our institutional ethos and distinctive educational purpose and philosophy.
- We are committed to promoting equity of access and opportunities so as to give students the best chance of success in their pursuit of lifelong learning and diverse educational goals.
- We provide a vibrant, stimulating and richly diverse environment that enables staff and students to reach their full potential.
- We develop graduates and diplomates to be responsible global citizens capable of critical reasoning, innovation, and adaptability.
- We create and sustain an environment that encourages and supports vibrant research, scholarship, and innovation culture.
- We engage in mutually beneficial partnerships locally, nationally and globally to enhance social, economic, and ecological sustainability.
Vision of NMMU
To be a dynamic African university, recognized for its leadership in generating cutting-edge knowledge for a sustainable future.
Values of NMMU
- Social justice and equality
- Environmental stewardship
NMMU Application Requirements:
South African learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number. Students can also:
- Request an application form by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]
- Provide your postal address and an application package will be sent to you
- Download an application form online, complete it and return it with accompanying documents
- Phone (041) 504 1111 to request an application form
- Personally collect a form from the Admission Enquiries counters located on South Campus, Missionvale Campus, and George Campus
Steps To Fill NMMU Application Form
Candidates can follow the steps listed below to fill the NMU Application Form.
- Visit the official website or click on the link provided on this page to fill the application form.
- Then, navigate to the appropriate link of the application form for which the candidate wishes to apply.
- Read the instructions and guidelines carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form.
- Candidates will have to enter their relevant personal details, contact details, academic qualification, etc.
- To complete the application process candidates must pay the prescribed application fee specified for each course before the due date.
- After submitting the application form, candidates should retain a copy of the same for future reference.
How to Submit Results and Documents:
School learners must ensure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of Grade 12 are submitted. Failure to do such may result in delays within the student’s application process.
You might find that you applied early in Grade 12 and thus only sent in your final Grade 11 results. If this is true, as the year progresses and you receive more results keep sending them through to NMMU, that way they will have all your results by the time finals come around.
Transferring students should too ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible as well as that a final transcript of current studies being undertaken reaches the Admissions Office as soon as possible after receipt.
Applicants are required to pay an application fee. Students may use one of the following methods to pay application fees:
- Money order (purchased at a post office)
- Postal order (purchased at a post office)
- Cheque. The cheque must be crossed and marked “not transferable”.
- Cashiers: payment can be made personally at the university.
NMMU Banking Account Details
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch code: 050417
Account No.: 080263011
Reference: Write the word: Application and your name
Fax payment receipt to: 041 504 4722
Please attach a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment to your application form. Allow three working days for processing. Also, keep a copy of the direct deposit or proof of payment should be in your possession at all times.
NMMU Application Deadlines
NMMU application deadlines The new deadline for Nelson Mandela University’s late applications is fast approaching. The institution reopened its online application system on the 16th of August 2019 and expects all late applicants to have cleared with their submissions by the 30th of September 2019.
NMMU purposely provided applicants with sufficient time to help them plan adequately. It is, however, the primary responsibility of learners to determine available course entries and the satisfaction of all admission requirements. Learners should take note that late applications come with limited career choices.
For this reason, they should submit all the required documents promptly without omission to avoid losing out in the selection criteria. Nelson Mandela University students now completing their 3-year diploma program can as well apply for their Advanced Diploma studies in the upcoming year within the deadline.
These learners must fill an application form exclusive available at the admission office. The good news is that no supporting documents will be required in this case.
NMMU Student Portal
If you wish to access NMMU portal, click this link: https://www.mandela.ac.za/Mail-portals/Student-portal
NMMU CONTACT ADDRESS
Physical Address of Nelson Mandela University – South Campus:
- University Way Summerstrand Port Elizabeth
Tel: 041-504 1111
- Fax: 041-504 2574 / 2731
- PO Box: 77000
It doesn’t just end in the application, you need to follow up on your application status at all times. If you finally get admitted into NMMU, don’t fail to study harder to maintain your stay in the school. Best of Luck!