Guide: How Do I Use Nearby Share On My Android Device
Android recently launched its version of Apple AirDrop, which allows users to share content with their friends smoothly. Nearby Share was launched days ago to a few Google Pixel, Samsung phones with Android 6.0 and above, and the fresh feature lets users share files, links, photos e.t.c, to anyone closeby.
Unlike Apple’s AirDrop, however, Nearby Share lets you share content with those in your contacts list, which safeguards you from receiving strange pictures from just anyone. In fact, you can even decide which contacts can see your device or make up your mind to stay hidden to all closeby devices. See the answer to your How Do I Use Nearby Share On My Android Device question:
See how to use the new feature:
- Ensure your Bluetooth and Location are enabled.
- Access “Settings.”
- Click “Google” then “Device Connections.”
- Click “Nearby Share” then “Turn on.”
As soon as your sharing is activated, you will now be able to share content with somebody closeby.
- Access anything you wish to share, a picture or webpage.
- Click “Share” then “Nearby Share.”
- Ensure your device and your friend’s device are close to each other.
- A list of closeby devices will then be visible, select the device you want to send to.
- After clicking “Send,” you will receive a message that says “Sending.” Once sending is complete, “Sent” would be seen.
- If anyone attempts to send you anything, a notification would be seen on your device for you to click “Accept.”
As you use this feature, be aware that both devices must have “Bluetooth” and “Location” enabled for sharing to work. The 2 smartphones should also be within one foot of each other for sharing to happen seamlessly.
Google recently revealed that Nearby Share will be available to transfer between Chromebooks and Android devices very soon. As for when the feature will be accessible on more Google devices, we’ll have to wait and see.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE