Honor has today, at the Honor 50 series conference in Shanghai, officially announced three smartphones. These smartphones are the Honor 50, 50 Pro, and 50 SE. These are the first Honor smartphones to support Google’s GMS in over a year. Furthermore, all three smartphones come with 108MP cameras and support up to 100W fast charging.
The Honor 50 series uses a 75-degree super-curved screen. The increase in curvature not only provides a better grip but also brings a more immersive visual experience. The whole series supports 1.07 billion color displays, 120Hz screen refresh rate, and 300Hz touch sampling rate. These smartphones also support a dynamic refresh rate which will help to save the battery.
In addition, this series also has a very thin and flexible feel. The Honor 50 weighs only 175g and the thickness is only 7.78mm. As for the Pro model, it weighs 187g and the thickness is 8.05mm.
The Honor 50 series inherits the aesthetic genes of the Honor Digital series and adopts a unique dual-mirror design. With the main camera lens ring design like a metal ring, it is very unique and eye-catching. Also eye-catching is the colour scheme of this series. This series has a snow crystal option, warm summer amber, cool jade green, and classic bright black colour options.
Honor 50 Pro
The Honor 50 Pro comes with a 6.72-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution. The phone has a dual selfie camera, specifically 32MP main + 12MP ultrawide cameras. Like most dual punch-hole selfie camera phones, the sensors are in a pill-shaped cutout.
On the rear, the smartphone come with the same camera sensors in the two large camera modules. The main camera is a 108MP 1/1.52-inch sensor while the other cameras include an 8MP ultrawide snapper and two 2MP modules for macro shots and depth shots.
The Honor 50 and its Pro version are the world’s first Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G smartphones. They support the familiar GPU Turbo X and LINK Turbo. This is the first time that these features are ported to the Qualcomm Snapdragon platform. GPU Turbo X enables this new smartphone series to achieve a full-frame experience of popular games. LINK Turbo technology supports dual-SIM dual-WLAN four-network intelligent collaboration. It offers better connections under complex networks, lowers latency, and a smoother experience.
In addition to the processor, these smartphones come with 8GB / 12GB of RAM and run on Magic UI 4.2 based on top of Android 11. Global versions of these smartphones will also come with GMS support out-of-the-box.
While the Honor 50 Pro comes with a 4000 mAh battery that supports 100W fast charging. The fast charge tech fill up an empty battery to 90% in the same 20 minutes.
The device is equipped with NFC Smart Flash Card 2.0, which enables smart switching between bus cards and access control cards without the need to choose. At the same time, it supports all-scenario smart interconnection and multi-screen collaboration to make life smarter and simpler!
Honor 50 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 19, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 5, 8, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, June 16
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June 25
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 74.7 x 8 mm (6.44 x 2.94 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 187 g (6.60 oz)
- Colors: Frost Crystal, Amber Red, Emerald Green, Midnight Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz
- Size: 6.72 inches, 110.9 cm2 (~90.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1236 x 2676 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~439 ppi density)
- Android 11, Magic UI 4.2, Google Play Services (market/region dependent)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 17mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 18mm, 100˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 1.25µm
- 32 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.14″
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 100W, 100% in 25 min (advertised)
Honor 50 Pro Price and Availability
In China, the Honor 50 Pro will commence pre-sale from June 25.
- 8GB + 256GB goes for 3699 yuan (~$578)
- 12GB + 256GB goes for 3999 yuan (~$625)
Although Honor confirmed that the smartphone will be available in over 40 regions, it did not give any specific date for the global release.