Honor today, launched its Honor 50 series which consists the Honor 50 Pro, Honor 50 and Honor 50 SE. They are the first devices from the company which will ship with GMS support out the box in over a year. All three come with 120Hz displays, 108MP main cams and up to 100W fast charging.
The Honor 50 and its Pro counterpart are also the first phones powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 778G chipset. The Honor 50 SE is the more affordable entry in the trio and relies on Mediatek’s Dimensity 900 platform.
Honor 50 SE
The Honor 50 SE is a low version of the regular version and Pro model. This smartphone comes with a flat 6.78-inch LCD screen which also supports a 120Hz refresh rate.
It also uses a punch-hole like the rest of the series but has a 16MP front shooter. On the rear, it retains the 108MP main camera like the other models but the supporting sensors are only an 8MP ultrawide camera and a 2MP macro sensor.
Under the hood, this device is powered by the Mediatek’s Dimensity 900 coupled with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. To keep its lights on is a 4,000 mAh battery that supports 66W wired fast charging. The software is the same as the rest of the series – Magic UI 4.2 on top of Android 11. This smartphone will also ship with GMS globally.
Honor 50 SE Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, June 16
- Status: Exp. release 2021, June 02
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 75.6 x 8 mm (6.48 x 2.98 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 191 g (6.74 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Silver
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD, 120Hz
- Size: 6.78 inches, 111.4 cm2 (~89.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2388 pixels (~387 ppi density)
- Android 11, Magic UI 4.2, Google Play Services (market/region dependent)
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MC4
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 17mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W, 75% in 20 min (advertised)
Honor 50 SE Price and Availability
The Honor 50 SE is priced at CNY 2,399 ($375) and availability in China begins on July 2. It comes in four colors: first snow crystal, summer amber, black jade green, and bright black.
Although Honor confirmed that the smartphone will be available in over 40 regions, it did not give any specific date for the global release.