How to Best create an account on Microsoft Teams
So you want to know how to create an account on Microsoft Teams. In this article, we’ll explain what Microsoft Teams is and how to get started for free by creating your first account from scratch with the Microsoft tool. It’s a productivity tool, much like others like Slack, and is open to Microsoft 365 subscribers or any user with an Outlook or Hotmail account.
We will start by explaining the concept of this tool and some of its main features. So we’ll tell you step by step how to create your first account from scratch in Microsoft Teams, and then it’s up to you to start modeling it by creating channels and inviting other attendees.
What is Microsoft Teams
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
Microsoft Teams is a group productivity tool created by Microsoft. It is a unified communication and collaboration platform, where you can create a chat with different channels to organize your teams and the ability to send private messages between collaborators, you can combine them with a video conferencing or file storage system.
This platform integrates with your Microsoft 365 account and its applications so that from there you can open all your office tools and use them alone or in a group with your colleagues.
Work teams have everything at their fingertips in the different Microsoft Teams “tabs”, from which they can integrate various cloud services and manage different teams.
As for the chat function, not only will you have channels and the ability to write private messages to communicate and organize without leaving your desk. It also offers a modern interface and the ability to hold meetings and video calls.
You can also search for everything that was said to remember the things that were said and 10GB of storage for your team and 2GB of personal storage for users.
Related article: How to best use whiteboard in Microsoft Teams
It offers the ability to manage teams of up to 500,000 users, sharing the screen with others during meetings, both on the whole computer and on specific applications.
Even the background is blurry in video calls, you can even add guests to your groups for sporadic collaborations. You will be able to create collaborative documents, exchange files and integrate over 250 compatible applications and services.
Having said a few words about what Microsoft Teams is, now let’s move on to explain how to create an account on Microsoft Teams.
How to create an account on Microsoft Teams
There are two ways you can sign up for Microsoft Teams. This does not mean that they are pirated methods or anything like that. You just need to have an invitation link or Microsoft email in your company. For each case, we explain step by step what you should do:
As this is a teamwork application, the most logical thing is that you use your company’s email, so you can easily connect with the rest of your colleagues. If so, the easiest way to get started with Microsoft Teams is to have your company send you an email with the invitation link. After receiving it, this is what you should do:
- Open your new inbox, open the email with the invitation, and click the button where the link will take you to a new tab. There you can choose whether to use the web version or the desktop version.
- If you open the email from your mobile, you will be redirected to Google Play, where you can download the mobile application.
- To sign up, you will need your Microsoft account.
- Fill in the boxes with your personal information.
- Choose your username and profile photo.
- Done, you should be able to take advantage of the services offered by Microsoft Teams.
How to create a Microsoft Teams account using Microsoft mail
The first thing is to have a Microsoft account. If you don’t have it, here’s what you should do:
- Visit the Microsoft home page.
- Write your organization’s email id.
- If you wish, you can choose the option to register with a phone number.
- After filling in the empty bar, click the “Next” button. This will take you to a new drop-down menu.
- Next, create a password that meets the criteria they indicate.
- Check your inbox, you have surely received an email with the verification code. Just copy and paste it into the menu with the option to verify the email.
- Your email account has been created successfully. You can now visit the Microsoft Teams page.
- Log in using the Microsoft user you just created.
Download Microsoft Teams on your mobile
Since you can’t always be glued to your computer, it will be useful to download the Microsoft Teams application to your mobile. This allows you to view new messages and real-time progress of the project.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE