Naija Tech News (NTN) on 14, and in content, How To Change IMEI Number on Any Android Phone, Android Phone, ASUS, Gionee, how to, IMEI, IMEI Number, Infinix, ITel, Oukitel, Realme, Tecno .
How To Change IMEI Number on Any Android Phone: Changing the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) and device id of any android device is really not a good idea because there are many advantages or disadvantages but sometimes it helps us to take some extra benefit from our device. Where the IMEI is used to trace the location of a device or find the stolen device, on the other hand, it’s used to make a device untraceable by changing its IMEI number, serial number, device id, Donkeyguard number, UDID. By following the guide below you can change the IMEI number for all iTel, Infinix, Tecno, Gionee, Asus, Oukitel, Realme, etc.
How to change the IMEI Number without root
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
Change IMEI Number with IMEI Code
Note: This method works even on a non-rooted device; iTel, Infinix, Tecno, Gionee, Asus, Oukitel, Realme, etc.But remember that this method won’t work on all android phones but if it works on your android phones then you are really lucky.
- First Dial *#7465625# or *#*#3646633#*#* on your android device.
- Now, click on the “Connectivity” option or call pad,
- Now look for CDS information and then click on it.
- Then, checkout for Radio information.
- Now, if your android device is a dual sim device. Then you will get two options like IMEI_1 [SIM1] and IMEI_2 [SIM2].
- Then select any one or of which you want to change the IMEI number.
- Now, change your IMEI number illustrated below,
AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1” and “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2”
Now, just replace IMEI1 or IMEI2 with your any your desired number. and then click on SEND.
Change Android IMEI Number for MTK Devices
In this method, we will change the IMEI number of the android phone using the app called Mobile Uncle app. This method is suitable for MTK devices such as Realme phones. For this method, you don’t have to root your phone. So let’s follow the steps to change the IMEI number in your android mobile.
- Step 1: First of all download Mobile Uncle App on your device.
- Step 2: After downloading, install it, and open the mobile uncle app on your android.
- Step 3: Now select the Engineer tab and choose the engineer Mode (MTK) option.
- Step 4: Now scroll down and search for the CDS Information option and click on it.
- Step 5: Now, click on the Radio Information option.
- Step 6: Two options will appear on your screen called Phone 1 and Phone 2. Click on the Phone 2 option from the list.
- Step 7: After clicking on the Phone 2 option, you will see a new option of AT+.
- Step 8: Now replace the AT+ with “AT+(space)Your 15 Digit New IMEI Number Here“. For Ex. AT+ 121234345656787.
- Step 9: Now, click on SEND AT COMMAND to save your settings.
- Step 10: To confirm that the IMEI number has changed to reboot your device and dial *#06# to check your new IMEI number.
How To Change IMEI Number on Android Phones with Root
- Step 1: Make sure your android phone is rooted.
- Step 2: Dial *#06# on your phone’s keypad, and it will show you the IMEI number of your smartphone. Write it down somewhere such as on paper or in Notepad on your PC.
- Step 3: Install the IMEI Changer App on your phone.
- Step 4: Now open the Xposed Installer APK and go to Modules, then click on the checkmark on the IMEI Changer App option.
- Step 5: Reboot your device as you do normally or you can try rebooting from the Xposed installer app.
- Step 6: After restarting the device, open IMEI Changer App. It will show you your current IMEI Number on your phone. To change it, click on the New IMEI Number box and enter your desired number and click on the apply button to save changes.
- Step #7. Now again reboot your device. To see if the changes have taken place dial *#06# in your dial-pad and see if the IMEI number has changed or not.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE
YOU MAY LIKE
Note: off comments will be trashed and you will be marked as Spam! use contact us, if it's required.