If you are bilingual, traveling to a different country, or you just wish to practice your language skills, “Signal” can be used to send messages seamlessly in another language. Your language settings on the Signal secure messaging application can even be changed on Android and more recent iPhone models.
However, if you are making use of the desktop application, changing the Signal application’s language will not cut it, you’ll also have to change the language of your entire PC. See How To Change Your Language On The Signal Messaging App For iPhone And Android:
Table of Contents
How Can I Change Language On Signal Using The Desktop App?
On the desktop version of Signal, the language used will match that of your PC’s general settings. To alter the overall language used in Signal, you’ll need to modify your PC’s language settings directly. However, the spell check options can still be toggled.
- In Signal’s desktop app, tap on your profile icon in the upper left corner of the display, then tap “Preferences.”
- Swipe down to “General.” Tap on the box close to “Enable spell check of text entered in message composition box” to tick or untick it. If a box is ticked, spell check is activated, if the box is unticked, spell check is deactivated.
How Can I Change Language On Signal Using The Android App?
- Launch the Signal application and get yourself signed in if necessary.
- Click on your profile icon, seen in the upper left corner of your display.
- Click “Appearance.”
- Click “Language.”
- Scroll up or down until you see the language you wish to switch to, then click on it. The language will immediately change.
How Can I Change Language On Signal Using The iPhone App?
Being able to change the language on Signal for iPhone actually depends on the version of iOS your iPhone uses. If you use iOS 12 or earlier, Signal’s language will match your iOS device’s default language settings. If you are using the latest version of iOS, like iOS 13 or 14, just change the language through your iOS settings for the Signal application.
- To alter the language of Signal on iOS 13 or 14, you should first activate several languages in your device’s Settings app. Launch the Settings application on your device.
- Click “General.”
- Swipe down and choose “Language & Region.”
- On the next screen, click “iPhone Language,” then choose a secondary language from the list.
- After adding a secondary language to your device, you can alter the language of Signal. Head to your device’s Settings application. Swipe down until Signal is seen in the list of applications, and click it.
- On the next display, click “Preferred Language,” and choose a language from the following list.
- After that, you can head back to “General” and alter your device’s default language back to your primary language, without affecting the Signal language you select.