With the release of the official version of iOS 14, the widgets that can be added to the home screen have become a highlight of the new system, and as more and more apps supporting widgets are put on the App Store, how to arrange and set up widgets Customizing the desktop has become a new interest for many people.
But in fact, in addition to widgets, the default icon of the iOS desktop application also supports “customization”. With the help of the “shortcut” App, you can easily change the default icon of the application even if there is no jailbreak.
The principle behind it is realized by adding the built-in shortcut commands to the main screen function of the “Shortcut Commands” App. The specific steps are as follows:
1. Open the shortcut App and click on the “+” in the upper right corner of the screen;
2. Click “Add Operation” and enter “Open App” in the search bar of the pop-up window;
3. Select “Open App”, and then click the blue “Select” text;
4. Select the App that needs to change the icon, such as WeChat;
5. Click “…” in the upper right corner, and then click “Add to Home Screen” in the pop-up window;
6. On the new page, click the icon on the left and select “Select Photo”;
7. Select the icon prepared in advance and change the shortcut command to the same name as the application;
8. Finally select Finish and move the original application to the App resource library.
It should be noted that the icon changed in this way will first run the “shortcut command” when it is opened, and then jump to the corresponding App, and there will be no push notifications, which are two inconvenient places. If you mind these two shortcomings, please proceed with caution.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE