How To Force Restart Your iPhone SE 2020
A hard reset simply force-reboots your iPhone, which is particularly useful if your iOS device is freezing. If your iPhone keeps showing errors or stops responding completely, a hard reset can help too. DFU mode, however, basically helps to restore an iPhone if a reset or regular Recovery Mode fails to resolve the issue you are battling. See How To Force Restart Your iPhone SE 2020:
How To Hard Reset iPhone SE (2020):
Below are some of the angles touched:
These button presses need to be done in fast succession, one after the other. Adhere to these instructions:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Lastly, press and hold the side button until a black screen is visible, then release.
After around ten seconds of holding the Side button, your iPhone SE will force restart.
How To Activate DFU Mode On iPhone SE (2020):
- Power on your iPhone.
- Connect it to a PC with a Lightning to USB cable.
- On your iPhone, press the Volume Up button immediately followed by the Volume Down button.
- After that, press and hold the Side button (or power button) until your iPhone’s screen turns black.
- Release the Side button and then hold down both the Side button and Volume Down button for about 5 seconds.
- You can now release the “Side” button, but keep pressing the Volume Down button. The screen will remain black.
- Hold on for Finder to automatically launch. A message will be visible saying your Mac has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. If you don’t see any message, adhere to the instructions above.
As soon as you close the Finder recovery prompt, you can restore your iPhone back to factory settings by choosing “Restore iPhone.” on the iPhone Recovery Mode screen. Immediately restoration has happened, your iOS device will automatically exit out of DFU mode and boot up to its activation display.
How To Exit DFU Mode On iPhone SE (2020):
If you activated DFU mode and you wish to manually get out of it see how to make it happen:
- Tap Volume Up on your iOS device and release immediately.
- Press Volume Down button and release it.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo is visible on your iPhone’s screen.