How to Install Game APK Having OBB File on Android Phone
Install Game APK Having OBB File: The functionality in Apps & games are expanding day by day and developers are trying to make APK smaller in size. To make this possible, they have figured out to serve the main file data in a separate way which they call OBB File. APK developers use this type of file to compress a large amount of Data and serve to users in an easy and effective way. No one can figure out what actually inside an OBB file without having its right APK. To access the data inside the OBB file you need its right APK version.
If you have an APK file which has version 1.1 and you have OBB file version 1.0, you cannot connect and use the OBB file in this case. Chances are that the OBB file will not get recognized by the APK file. In some cases, it may get recognized and you have an option to update to the latest file (Developers has stopped allowing this now for security reason).
So, if you want to properly know about the OBB file and How to Install Game APK Having OBB File on Android Phone, then continue reading this article. Because we are going to cover every topic related to OBB file here. Let’s get started.
What is the OBB File?
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
OBB (Opaque binary blob) is a new file type which used for serving huge APK data in a lightweight and easy way. It mostly contains encrypted data including Graphics, media files (Songs, Anthem, Gameplay, Trailer). From outside, it looks like binary garbage without any icon and the only way to recognize this type of file is by knowing the file extension. OBB files have a (.obb) extension which can be only accessed by applications (Apps & Games) which have permission or access function.
Nowadays, OBB files come with almost every games such as Call of Duty Mobile, PUBG Mobile, Garena Free Fire, etc. And it looks like most of the Android games that will release in the future will contain OBB files to serve large assets of the game. And due to OBB contains the main assets of a game it becomes large in size and users also require large space in order to save or download on the phone. So, now you pretty much know about the OBB file, let me explain describe how you can connect OBB files to APK.
How to Connect OBB File to APK
Firstly, to properly connect the OBB file and APK you need to make sure that both the files have the same version. Because unless you the exact same version of files, you cannot connect them. Whenever you download any APK with OBB file, make sure you download the files same version. This will avoid the problem that later comes when connecting both the files. Once you have successfully downloaded the file, you have accomplished the main step.
Now, to connect APK with its OBB file, you simply need to install the APK first and place the OBB file in your storage>Android (folder)>Obb (folder). After you paste the OBB file in the Obb folder, you need to check whether you have placed the file in right storage or not. If the APK recognized the OBB file and its start running means you have correctly placed the file. And if not then you need to change the storage.
Most users who try to connect this type of thing, they place the OBB file in incorrect storage. They are not aware of the storage system fully. To help you in this case, first, you need to check if you have external storage available on your phone. External storage means to say any device that allows Android phone store data without using internal storage. External storage example: SD Card, USB Storage, etc. It’s important to confirm because if you install the APK in your internal storage and OBB file in external storage, then you will not be able to connect both the file.
You must install and store data in the same storage. Otherwise, the APK will not recognize the OBB file and it will try to look for the file in another storage than OBB file’s storage. Also, sometimes you will get DATA file which also contains the assets of an APK. For the information, the OBB file should be placed under the Obb folder and DATA file under Data folder in External/Internal storage>Android. Once you place the file into the right storage and into the right folder, the APK will recognize its file and you will able to properly connect and run them.
So, now you know the proper step to connect the OBB file and APK. Let me show you how you can Install an APK having OBB file on Android phone.
How to Install Game APK Having OBB File on Android Phone
Finally, I’m going to share the right steps to install Game APK having OBB file on Android. Before getting started, make sure you have enough space on your Android phone for OBB file and the APK (after downloading). You will require more space after downloading the Game OBB file and APK. OBB files contain huge data of an APK and those data get extracted when the APK recognizes and try to access it. You may require double or 1/2 space of the OBB file. Once you have enough free storage space on your phone, you can follow the steps to install Game APK having OBB file on Android phone:
- First, install Zarchiver from the Google play store to extract the OBB file (If it’s in the Zip or RAR format).
- Once you got OBB file and its APK, place them in a separate folder so you can remember their path correctly.
- Now, first, install the Game APK file on your Android phone. Just click on the APK file to open the installer and Hit the Install button.
- Wait for the Game APK to get completely installed on your phone.
- Once installed, press the Done button to exit the installer.
- If the OBB file that you have downloaded is in the proper folder then you don’t have to launch the APK here. Every game requires its right OBB folder in order to recognize and verify. The OBB folder name usually contains the characters from the Game name or publisher name. To find this out, just launch the APK to automatically create the OBB folder under storage>Android>obb.
- After the folder gets created, just place the OBB file under that specifically created folder under External/Internal>Android>Obb>Game OBB folder. Make sure you place the OBB file in the same storage in which the Game APK is installed.
- Now, go to your App drawer and launch the Game. If you have placed the OBB file into right storage and into the correct folder then the game will recognize that OBB file and start functioning for you. It may take 1-2 minutes depending on your phone performance to recognize the OBB file, especially if the OBB file size is large. So, have patience at this moment and don’t minimize the game even if you are seeing a blank screen.
- When the OBB file successfully get recognized by the APK it will extract the Data that placed inside it and you can start playing the Game.
- That’s it.
This is how you can install Game APK having an OBB file on your Android phone. Just follow the above steps carefully and you will definitely be able to install Game APK that has OBB file.
Installing Game APK having OBB file for newbies is confusing and hard. Because they were used to install Apps & Game from the official Android App Store. Installing any app or game from Google Play Store doesn’t require any manual step, you just have to press the Install button and after a few minutes, the Game will get downloaded and automatically installed. But how you will install Game having OBB file manually? Well, In this article, I have tried to cover everything related to OBB file. I have also shown with the proper steps to install Game having OBB file manually.
Just follow every step that I shared above and you will correctly install Game having OBB file manually on your phone. If you are still confused about any step or lost in installing Game APK having OBB file then comment below. I will try to help you ASAP.
So, hopefully, you liked this article on how to APK + OBB on Android phone? If so, help others who are also confused about installing it by sharing this article. I’ll see you in the next one.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE