The latest Realme 3 Pro TWRP Recovery is now available. If you have Realme 3 Pro, we have a detailed guide on how install official TWRP custom recovery running on your phone. You may already know that if you want to do modification such as installation of a custom recovery then you will need to unlock bootloader first. Realme, as a brand, allows users to unlock bootloader of their phones to support Android users. Thanks to the TeamWin and supporting developers for developing and sharing a stable Realme 3 Pro TWRP build.
By following the given step-by-step guide, you can flash Realme 3 Pro with official TWRP custom recovery. TWRP custom recovery has grown to become quite a tool with features and several functions. TWRP is the one and easy solution even advanced partition, formatting or backing up user data. Here, in this guide we’ll use ADB and fastboot to install TWRP custom recovery running on Realme 3 Pro. Before proceeding the installation guide, create a backup of your phone and you should have unlocked your phone’s bootloader.
Once the TWRP custom recovery is installed, you can root Realme 3 Pro. We’ll also guide you that how to root Realme 3 Pro after installation TWRP Recovery using Magisk tool.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP Recovery (also known as TeamWin Recovery) is a custom recovery has a touchscreen-enabled interface which is used flash custom ROMs (firmware) and users can create the full backup/restore of the Android operating system which is not possible while running on the stock recovery.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Easily flash Custom ROMs on Realme 3 Pro using TWRP
- TWRP recovery allows you to flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- You can flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Realme 3 Pro
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process to get Administrative privileges over the internal file system of an Android device. So after getting “Root Permissions” on your phone, you can use it to its full potential. After rooting Android device, you can install custom ROMs, recoveries, kernels, MODs and install the latest Android OS updates like 8.1 Oreo. The latest firmware updates are possible by flashing custom ROMs like LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, Viper ROM and dotOS etc. You can hibernate any application that you wish. One of the big advantages is to overclock the CPU to enhance battery life. For more details about rooting, you can follow the given guide.
The Advantage of Rooting:
- Rooting allows you to access all internal system files on your Realme 3 Pro (also those files present in the root directory)
- Enhancing the performance of Realme 3 Pro by overclocking.
- Root access can increase battery life by underclocking your Android phone.
- It enables you to Uninstall Bloatware on Realme 3 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications.
- By Rooting Realme 3 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
How To Install Realme 3 Pro TWRP Recovery
First of all, unlock the bootloader of your Realme 3 Pro before going ahead to install latest Realme 3 Pro TWRP Recovery. You can find the direct link to download TWRP Recovery for Realme 3 Pro. Please note that this is not an official TWRP Recovery for Realme 3 Pro from TWRP Team. TWRP Recovery enables you to install any Custom Recovery on Realme 3 Pro. Also, you can install Custom ROM, Custom Mods, Custom Kernels or any zip file. Now follow the given guide on How to Root and Install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Realme 3 Pro.
Please note that this guide containing the TWRP Recovery is working with Realme 3 Pro only. Do not try to flash this TWRP Recovery on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, during or after the installation process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide: How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
Guide: How to Backup Important Data on Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Realme 3 Pro phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
Guide: How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android Devices.
- Download and install the VCOM USB Drivers for your Realme 3 Pro device on your PC.
- If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
Guide: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Android Devices
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Unlock the Bootloader of Realme 3 Pro by following the given guide below.
Guide: How to Unlock Bootloader of Any Android using Fastboot
First of all, we’ll install TWRP Recovery and Root Realme 3 Pro using Magisk.
Steps: How to Install Realme 3 Pro TWRP Recovery
Follow the given guide containing the direct link to download SP Flash Tool and instructions to install TWRP Recovery.
1. First of all, Download ADB / Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools and install on your PC.
2. Now, connect your Realme 3 Pro to your PC using its USB data cable.
3. Move the downloaded TWRP (twrp-3.2.3-0-RMX1801.img) into the same directory as the extracted Fastboot/ADB package files.
4. Open the folder where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows. Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.
5. Type in the following command and press Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
6. The above command will boot your phone into bootloader mode. You can also boot your phone in bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power key.
7. While your phone is now in bootloader mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-RMX1801.img
Done! These were the complete steps to install Realme 3 Pro TWRP recovery. Just enter Recovery Mode (TWRP recovery) by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys at the same time.
Steps: How to Root Realme 3 Pro using Magisk
After flashing TWRP recovery on your device, you can now root it using Magisk Tool.
Guide: How to Root Android Devices using Magisk
These were the easy steps to Install Realme 3 Pro TWRP Recovery and root it.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or question related to the above guide.