Table of Contents
Bank Verification Number (BVN) is the biometric identification project imposed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to control illegal and fraudulent banking activities in Nigeria. This system allows the CBN to keep a single biometric database of all Nigerian bank account holders.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
Each Nigerian bank customer obtains a unique Bank Verification Number, and all bank accounts owned by the individual will be linked to that BVN number. Without the BVN number, you cannot use your account to perform any transaction in any Nigerian bank.
Benefits of Having a BVN
- A BVN number is an acceptable form of identification for banking transactions across all banks in the country.
- A BVN number limits unauthorized access to your account, as certain transactions on account require the use of a BVN.
- Having a BVN lowers the time spent in a bank, as banking staff does not need additional verification of your identity.
Requirements for BVN Registration
- Identification document. This could be the Nigerian National ID Card, International Passport, Driver’s License or Voters’ Registration Card.
- A recent passport photograph.
Nigerians based abroad can register for BVN at enrollment centers located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, China, France, Canada, India, Brazil, Italy. You will be expected to provide your International Passport as a valid ID.
How to Register for BVN
- Locate any registration center or visit your local bank branch to pick up your BVN enrolment form.
- Complete the form and submit it.
- Your fingerprints and facial photograph will be captured.
- Once you have been successfully registered into the system, you will be given your unique Bank Verification Number.
How to Check BVN Number
In order to know your Bank Verification Number (BVN), thanks to the easy methods, you can now check your BVN number code on your mobile phone. Just dial *565*0# to check your Bank Verification Number (BVN).
You don’t need to access the internet to check your BVN code, and you don’t need any high-end Smartphone also. With this code, you can learn how to check your BVN code number on any SIM.
Note: You can only get one BVN number and can only enroll once. So keep you BVN number carefully. Also, you cannot get BVN online or and it cannot be done for you in your absence. You have to be present for you to be able to enroll, like your fingerprints, signature, and facial photograph will be needed.
Also, note that checking your BVN code in Nigeria cost only N20 on any network.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.