Skype has been around for a while and it is one of the best platforms for business and personal interactions all across the globe. And as you already know, with read receipts becoming more popular across several platforms, Skype also adopted this kind of alert recently.
However, not everyone is comfortable with the constant typing bubbles to endless pop-ups showing that certain messages have been read, so they look for ways to disable it. If you are part of that group, see How To Turn Off Skype Read Receipts For Mobile And Desktop:
Table of Contents
How Can I Turn Off Skype Read Receipts On Your Mobile Mobile?
To disable Skype Read Receipts on your smartphone, just:
- Open the Skype application, get yourself signed in, click on your profile pic way up on the screen (it should be centred in the top.)
- Swipe all the way down and click “Settings.”
- From “Settings,” choose “Messaging.”
- Click the toggle button to disable Read receipts.
How Can I Turn Off Skype Read Receipts On Desktop?
To disable Skype Read Receipts on your desktop, just:
- Open the Skype application, get yourself signed in if required, and tap the three dots to the right of your user info. Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu that will be visible.
- Choose “Messaging” from the list on the left.
- Use the toggle button to disable Read receipts.
With Skype read receipts turned off, you will still see read receipts for any contacts that have the feature activated, however, they will not be able to view which messages you’ve read. If you are not viewing read receipts for contacts you expect, be aware that there are some restrictions to the feature.
Your contacts will have to be using a version of Skype that aids read receipts. He or she must also be logged in with a visible presence setting. Convos in groups of over twenty people will also not show read receipts. Lastly, you will not view them from anyone who has blocked you, even if you both participate in a multiparty convo.
How Can I Delete Skype Messages?
How To Delete Skype Messages On Desktop?
- Hover your cursor over the message you want to remove.
- Right-click on the message.
- Tap “Remove”
- Confirm if the popup request is visible.
How To Delete Skype Messages On The Mobile App?
- Long hold the message you want to remove.
- Click “Remove” in the popup.
- Confirm if the popup request is seen on the screen.