Have you been searching for how to upgrade MTN Sim to 4G LTE or new 5G & manually at home? Definitely the answer to this question is yes, well search no further. Because in this article, I’m going to explain everything you really need to know about activiating your MTN Sim card from 3g network to 4g. It’s very simple and believe me, after this tutorial” you will be able to learn how to upgrade MTN Sim card to 4g at home with out visiting any MTN office.
Upgrading your MTN SIM to 4G LTE is the best decision to take at the moment. Knowing fully well that 4G network is currently the fastest when it to having access to the internet. In as much as we expect 5G network soon, you really to to enjoy unstoppable internet” without any interruption. Also see;
It’s obvious that MTN now has special 4G data plans available for it’s users, and a lot of people are already enjoying it. You too can also be part of MTN 4G evolution by upgrading your current MTN SIM card or by just getting a new SIM card at the nearest MTN service outlet. You must be using a compatible 4G phone before trying to upgrade your SIM card for 4G LTE service.
Table of Contents
How To Upgrade MTN Sim To 4G/5G LTE & Manually At Home
1. Check if your phone is compatible with MTN 4G Sand 5G ervice: In other to make things SIMple, MTN Nigeria has provided a short message code that can be useful when not sure that your phone is 4G or 5G ready for the MTN LTE service.
- All you have to do is
- Text 4G or 5G to 131
If the device is compatible with 4G, you will then receive a message that says:
Yello! Your device is 4G ready, but you need to upgrade your SIM to enjoy MTN 4G LTE. Please visit the nearest MTN store or partner retailer for a SIM swap now. But, If the device is not compatible to use the service, you will receive a message that says.
Yello! You need to upgrade your SIM card and device to enjoy MTN 4G/5G LTE. Please visit the nearest MTN store or partner retailer to upgrade now.
2. Kindly visit any nearest MTN service centre to request for an MTN 4G SIM Card
A valid ID card (Student or NIMC temporary card will also work)
You will be given a little form to fill. It contains details like Name, Mother’s Maiden name, address, the number of the SIM you want to upgrade, last six frequently dialled phone numbers, current tariff plan, Date of Birth, and last two amount recharged. The process only take about 20 minutes to 30 minutes and you’re done.
How To Upgrade MTN Sim To 4G/5G LTE
Now that you’ve confirmed that your phone is 4G/5G LTE compatible, follow these steps to make the switch.
How to upgrade MTN SIM To 4G/5G Manually
- Swap your current SIM for a USIM
- Text 4G to 131, and
- You’d receive an SMS confirming that your device is 4G/LTE ready
How to upgrade Glo SIM To 4G/5G
- Swap your current SIM for a USIM
- Text 4G to 400, and
- You’d receive an SMS to check your if phone or device supports LTE for Glo
How to upgrade Etisalat/ 9mobile SIM To 4G/5G
- Are exempted from having to do a SIM swap.
- The etisalat LTE service comes up automatically provided your device is LTE capable and once it is on automatic setting network mode.and be in an area covered by 4G/5G.
How to upgrade Airtel SIM To 4G/5G
- The Airtel network hasn’t moved to 4G/5G LTE yet, so users might have to wait a while to have this enabled on their device. To check at any point if this service is available, tweet @airtelcare for a status update.
That’s all, as you can see” it’s not longer only MTN Sim that you can upgrade to 4g or 5g, including your other sim card. So, to everyone out there searching for how to upgrade MTN Sim to 4G/5G LTE & manually at home.
I hope you find this article very helpful? Don’t forget that sharing is caring, you can as well inform your friends about this” by sharing this article on social media
For more such interesting article like this, app/softwares, games, Gadget Reviews, comparisons, troubleshooting guides, listicles, and tips & tricks related to Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.