Rufus is an alternative tool that allows you to copy or delete copies on a device, its main advantage is that it is quite light, it does not require an installer , only with the .exe file you can make use of its functions.
To convert a USB memory into a bootable disk using Rufus , the procedure is very simple and we will explain it to you below:
- The first thing you should do is download the program and open it.
- Once you are in the Rufus interface, you must connect the USB memory to the PC, so the program will automatically recognize it as the device it will work on.
- To avoid incompatibilities, in the section “Type of partition and target system” choose “MBR partition type for BIOS or UEFI”. You can also rename the pendrive in the “New Label” section.
- In the formatting options, check that “Quick format”, “Add extended labels and icons” and “create bootable disk with” are checked, for the latter select from the list on the right ISO image and clicking on the icon of the disk, choose the ISO filethat you are going to copy to the USB.
- Now just click on start, wait for the procedure to complete and the pendrive will be ready to use.
What alternatives to Rufus do you have to convert an ISO boot to a USB one?
There are several programs that allow you to create a boot memory , although Rufus is one of the most complete and functional, we leave you two alternatives that you can use in the same way:
Windows 10 installation tool
Windows 10 allows you to create a bootable media without going through the writing of the ISO file , but instead it is directly downloaded and stored on the USB drive. To do this, you must obtain the official software from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10%20 and run it.
Once you accept the terms and conditions, you choose the option “create installation media”. Follow the process by setting the language, edition and architecture. Choose the means to use “USB flash drive” (it must be 8 GB at least), select the pendrive and click next to start the download (It may take several hours), when you reach 100% you will have the boot drive loaded with Windows 10 .
This application allows you to create bootable USB, not only from Windows devices, but also from GNU / Linux or macOS . You can download the ISO file to upload directly from this application or choose one that you have previously downloaded. Its use is quite intuitive and you can get it from the official UNetbootin page .
Depending on your needs and resources, you can choose the one that suits you best and thus solve problems with your operating system or upgrade to a higher one.