Right about now, Twitter is so much more than a mere social media platform. With Twitter, we now find it very easy to keep up with present events and news, both globally and within our little social circles. And the massive amount of content we get exposed to on a daily basis has created the need to save some of them for later use.
To help with that, Twitter Bookmarks was released on our smartphones 2 years ago and if you want to know how it helps plus how it can be used on mobile and desktops, we can break things down nicely on your behalf. See the answer to your How Do I Use Twitter Bookmarks question:
All You Should Know About Twitter Bookmarks?
There are always ways to save tweets for future access, however, users always found smart ways to avoid doing this in public. “Favorite” helps with saving tweets by showing them in users’ “Likes” tab on their profile.
Users also started using retweets and screenshots for this purpose at some point, however, these solutions are not the best since they make it seem like you approve those tweets, something that is not always the case.
Well, since you already know that vital factor in the decision process for Twitter is to ensure things remain very simple, the developers launched Bookmarks to let users archive tweets privately on their accounts, and since its launch, the feature has been super successful on mobile platforms, even if they are yet to be available on the desktop browser version of Twitter.
How To Create Twitter Bookmarks On Your Mobile Phone?
If you want to create a bookmark on a smartphone, adhere to these instructions:
- Open the Twitter application on your phone.
- When you are set to bookmark a tweet, click “Share” in the bottom right. This will open a menu.
- From the menu, click “Add Tweet to Bookmarks.”
- Your bookmark will not be saved. Users can easily access their bookmarks by scrolling right on the home screen and clicking “Bookmarks” in the Profile menu.
How To Create Twitter Bookmarks On Desktop?
As of now, accessing Bookmarks on your desktop is not possible, but there is a workaround for this.
- Rather than accessing Twitter like you normally would in your browser, just access the mobile site at https://mobile.twitter.com/home. The mobile site is optimized for smartphones, but it works excellently on desktops too.
- When you locate a tweet you wish to bookmark, “Outbox” would be visible in the bottom right. Tap this icon to access a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, tap “Add Tweet to Bookmarks.”
- To view your bookmarks, click “Bookmarks” on the menu list. You will locate this on the left side of the screen on the mobile site.
It does not matter if you save a bookmark on desktop or mobile, it will be saved across all your devices, therefore you do not have to bookmark the same tweets.
If you ever decide to remove a tweet from your bookmarks, just reverse the process. As soon as you are in the Bookmarks tab, use the same “Share” or “Outbox” icon in a tweet. The options will have changed to add “Remove Tweet from Bookmarks.” Tap it to get rid of the bookmark. If you wish to clear all your bookmarks, do that by tapping the three vertical dots in the top-right and then tap “Clear all Bookmarks.”