The major attraction of the Nova Y9a is that it is equipped with a pop-up selfie camera, which allows it to sport a full-screen display devoid of any notch or cutout. Here is all the information on the specifications, features, and pricing of the Nova Y9a.
The Huawei Nova Y9a features a 6.63-inch notch-less IPS LCD display that offers 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. The company claims that it offers a 92 percent screen-to-body ratio. The pop-up camera module houses a 16-megapixel selfie camera with an f/2.2 aperture.
The rear shell of the Nova Y9a has a round-shaped camera module that houses a 64-megapixel primary camera, an 8-megapixel ultrawide snapper with a 120-degree FOV, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth assist lens. The handset offers photography features such as super night mode, EIS, and 1080p video shooting.
The Nova Y9a is a mid-ranger powered by the Helio G80 chipset. The device ships with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of built-in UFS 2.1 storage. There is an NM card slot onboard for additional storage. It runs on the older Android 10 OS with EMUI 10.1 on top. Like other Huawei phones, the Nova Y9a lacks Google apps and services.
The Nova Y9a has a 4,300mAh battery to keep the lights on. The device carries support for 40W SuperCharge fast charging technology. It offers connectivity features such as dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, a USB-C port, and a 3.5mm audio jack. For security, it has a side-facing fingerprint scanner. The handset measures 8.95mm in thickness and weighs 197 grams.
This model has the same specifications as the Huawei Y9a announced back in in September 2020.
Huawei Nova Y9a Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands:
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 – FRL-L22
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66 – FRL-L23
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, September 07
- Status: Exp. release 2020, September
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 76.5 x 9 mm (6.44 x 3.01 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 197 g (6.95 oz)
- Colors: Space Silver, Sakura Pink, Midnight Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.63 inches, 106.1 cm2 (~84.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~397 ppi density)
- Android 10, EMUI 10.1, no Google Play Services
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 120Ëš (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Quad-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: 4300 mAh, non-removable (region dependent)
- Charging: Fast charging 22.5W or 40W (region dependent), 70% in 30 min (advertised)
Huawei Nova Y9a Price and Availability
The Huawei Nova Y9a is available in South Africa for ZAR 6,499 (~$417). The handset is expected to also hit the Middle East and Middle Asia markets. It comes in three colors like Space Silver, Sakura Pink, and Midnight Black.
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.