Table of Contents
- Huawei P40 Pro to come with Sony-made Quad Quad Bayer sensor
The past two weeks have been rich in leaks for the upcoming Huawei P40 series flagships. Yesterday brought us our first live images of the P40 Pro and now we have a new render of the same phone in a new mint green color courtesy of Evan Blass (evleaks). Last week we learned that Huawei is planning to bring three P-series flagships this time around with the P40, P40 Pro and P40 Pro Premium. One of the main differentiating factors between the three will be their rear camera count with the Premium edition packing up to 5 sensors while the Pro will settle for four.
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
The main camera is expected to sport a 52MP 1/1.3” sensor and 16-in-1 Quad Quad Bayer filter. There’s also a 40MP cine camera (1/1.5” sensor), 8MP periscope module with 10x optical zoom and a 3D ToF sensor or a dedicated macro cam.
Huawei’s P40 lineup is expected to arrive sometime in March which leaves plenty of time to for more info and leaks to surface.
Huawei P40 Pro to come with Sony-made Quad Quad Bayer sensor
The main camera on the Huawei P40 Pro will reportedly be built on a 52MP image sensor (1/1.33”). New info suggests that this sensor will be a custom design by Sony and will feature “16-in-1” technology.
It’s also called “Quad Quad Bayer” as it does two 4-in-1 conversions to reach the 16-in-1 stage. This will only be used for videos and photos shot under very dark conditions. By our calculations, 52MP will drop to 3.25MP. which is good enough for 1080p videos (photos will probably use some form of digital upscaling).
For daytime shots, only one 4-in-1 conversion will be performed, resulting in 13MP shots. This is likely the traditional Quad Bayer binning process (or Quad RYYB, perhaps).
The P40 Pro is expected to come with a 10x optical zoom camera. To pull this off, Huawei will is said to be using a dual prism design (current periscope cams have only one prism). This is likely needed to fit the module in the phone despite the very long focal length.
Huawei has trademarked various terms such as Quad Curve Overflow (probably the quad-curved screen), Ultra Vision Camera and Ultra Vision Sensor, plus 5G AR. We expect to hear what these terms and what they mean at the unveiling event scheduled for March.
- HarmonyOS NEXT is no Longer Compatible with Android
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Price in Nigeria & Specs
- Huawei Nova Y9a- See It Spec & Price
- Huawei set to ship 100 million 5G smartphones
- HUAWEI P Smart Pro is available for $365 with 16MP pop-up camera
- Huawei nova 6 series – nova 6, nova 6 SE and nova 6 5G announced in China
- Huawei Children’s Watch 3X Features and Price
- Huawei Honor MagicBook Pro Specifications and Price
- Huawei MateBook X Pro Linux Version Specifications and Price
- Huawei Y9 Specifications and Price
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.