Travelling to Abuja from Lagos can be quite tasking and stressful, especially if you are travelling by road. You wouldn’t expect anything less from a trip that is at least 12 hours depending on the part of Lagos you are taking off from.
Although road transportation is not the only means of transportation from Lagos to Abuja, it is seen as a reasonable, cheaper and more flexible means of transportation compared to transportation by air which though is the most comfortable, fastest and most reliable, is relatively the most expensive transportation system.
If you are travelling to Abuja from Lagos by road, there are certain information you should keep in mind. While there relatively little documentations involved in booking a bus ticket from Lagos to Abuja, it is important to do your background check on the prices of bus tickets when travelling between these cities. In this post, we will take a look at various prices of bus tickets from Lagos to Abuja for several road transport companies. We will also consider the estimated duration of the road trip from Lagos to Abuja.
Table of Contents
- 1 Bus Ticket Prices from Lagos to Abuja
- 2 ABC Transport
- 3 Chisco Group
- 4 Cross Country
- 5 Ekesons Transport
- 6 Ifesinachi Transport
- 7 GUO Transport
- 8 God is Good Motors (GIGM)
- 9 Peace Mass Transport Limited
- 10 Young Shall Grow Transport
- 11 Other Buses at popular parks
- 12 Things to Consider Before Choosing a Bus from Lagos to Abuja
- 13 How long Does it take to Get to Lagos to Abuja by Road?
- 14 See Prices of Travel by Road in Nigeria
- 15 Similar Posts:
Bus Ticket Prices from Lagos to Abuja
Thanks to technology, booking a bus ticket from Lagos to Abuja has been made very easy. You don’t have to visit the offices or the terminals of the bus company you are going with to book a ticket. Provided you have access to a good internet connection and a device you can connect it with like a mobile phone, tablet or a computer, you can book tickets for road trip between these cities online, even within the confines of your room. Once you logon to the website of your preferred bus company, you can book tickets online after which you will see the details of the trip including date and time of take-off, your seat number and other details. To get the best deals, it is essential to compare different prices of bus tickets from different road transport companies.
In this post, we will take a look at different bus ticket prices ticket prices from Lagos to Abuja for some popular bus companies. We will also note their bus terminal locations and the usual time the buses take off.
Take off times: 06:15am, 07:00am
Price: N3, 500 – N6, 000
Terminals: Jibowu, Alafia, Oyingbo, Empire Terminal
Take off times: 06:00am, 05:30pm, 07:00 pm
Price: N3, 500 – N8, 000
Take off times: 05:00am, 06:00am, 08:00am
Price: N3, 000 – N8, 500
Take off times: 05:30am, 06:30am, 07:30am, 05:00pm, 07:00pm
Price: N6, 500 – N7, 500
Take off times: 06:00am
Price: N5, 500 – N6, 500
Terminals: Ajah, Cele, Ejigbo, Iyana-Ipaja
Take off times: 05:30am
Price: N6, 500 – N7, 500
God is Good Motors (GIGM)
Terminals: Ajah, Jibowu
Take off times: 05:30am, 06:15am, 07:00am
Price: N6, 500 – N7, 000
Peace Mass Transport Limited
Terminals: Ajah, Jibowu
Take off times: 05:30am, 06:00am, 06:30am
Price: N5, 500 – N7, 000
Young Shall Grow Transport
Take off times: 06:00am
Price: N4, 500 – N5, 500
Other Buses at popular parks
Terminals: Jibowu, Berger, Ojota, Yaba, Iyana-Ipaja, Ajah
Take off times: n/a
Price: N3, 000 – N6, 000
Prices of bus tickets from Lagos to Abuja varies. The variation is usually as a result of certain factors which include prices of fuel at the time of travel, the take-off terminal location, number of buses available to travel that route at that particular time, rate of demand of the ticket and some other factors. Bus tickets of companies with terminals in Ajah, for instance, is expected to be more expensive than a tickets of bus terminals in Jibowu. Deservedly so, there is a significant distance between these terminals and hence, a difference in prices of bus tickets.
Also, prices of bus tickets depends on the travelling period. Generally, prices of bus tickets increase during festive periods and vacations. During these periods, large percentage of people move between these cities and the rate of demand of ticket increases, and so does the prices. You should also note that conditions including date and time at which bus tickets are booked does not really affect the prices of the ticket except in some very few scenarios.
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Bus from Lagos to Abuja
For convenience and easy transportation, there are some certain factors to consider when picking a bus company to travel with a particular bus company to travel with. These factors are sometimes core in determining how smooth the journey goes. They also have a way of affecting the overall duration of the trip and eventual ticket prices.
- Distance of terminal from home: This should be among the first factors you consider when picking a bus from Lagos to Abuja. There are various bus terminals scattered within Lagos. Interestingly, these terminals are located in strategic places where a lot of people are. Consider the terminal closest to you first for convenience.
- Consider Your Budget: Prices of bus ticket from Lagos to Abuja varies. You can get one as low as N4, 000 and one as high as N10, 000. You should consider how much you are willing to spend on the trip.
- Consider the Route: There are different routes from Lagos to Abuja. It is important to pick a bus that travels the route you’d prefer.
- Consider Your Comfort: Now, this is a factor you need to be careful with. It is important for you to sit as comfortable as you can be for a 12-hour trip. Consider how the seats are arranged and how comfortable they are. You can check reviews about the transport companies online to have an idea of what to expect.
How long Does it take to Get to Lagos to Abuja by Road?
The duration of the whole trip from Lagos to Abuja varies. The duration depends on the speed of the vehicle and the route. On the average, the trip is between 10 to 12 hours. This depends on the take-off terminal and the condition of the vehicle. Some vehicles get to Abuja few minutes before the estimated time while some others get there minutes later.
See Prices of Travel by Road in Nigeria
- Abuja to Enugu by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2020)
- Lagos to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2020)
- Benin to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2020)
- Abuja to Jos by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2020)
- Lagos to Ghana by Road: Bus Prices & Other Details (2020)
- Port Harcourt to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details
- Kaduna – Abuja Train Schedule & Ticket Prices (June 2020)
- Ibadan to Abuja by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2020)
- Lagos to Enugu by Road: Bus Price & Other Details (2020)
- Lagos – Enugu by Road: Bus Price & More Details (July, 2020)
- Abuja – Enugu by Road: Bus Price & More Details (July, 2020)
- Port Harcourt – Abuja by Road: Bus Price & More Details (July, 2020)
- Benin – Abuja by Road: Bus Price & More Details (July, 2020)
- Abuja – Jos by Road: Bus Price & More Details (July, 2020)
For the latest Tech News and Reviews, follow Naija tech news on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.