The Lenovo Legion Duel 2 smartphone takes the baton from the first generation Lenovo Legion Duel, leaving us with the type of relationship that existed between it and first-gen Legion Pro. In summary, we are left with a performance hardware and chassis design similar to what we have on the Lenovo Legion 2 Pro.
Lenovo Duel 2 Key Specs & Features
- 6.92 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2460 Pixels (388 PPI), HDR10+, 144Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, ZUI 12.5
- Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- 12GB / 16GB / 18GB RAM
- 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 16MP Dual Rear cameras
- 44MP Motorized Pop-up Front Camera
- 5G Support
- 6 pressure-sensitive zones (Gaming triggers)
- 4 ultrasonic buttons (top), 2 capacitive sliding buttons (back)
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display, Optical)
- Fast Charging (Up to 90W Capacity)
- 5000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the Lenovo legion Duel 2 bears a design similar to what is being offered on the Lenovo 2 Pro. As a matter of fact, both Android smartphones bear matching designs with matching colour variants. The colour variants are Titanium White and Ultimate Black.
The main standout feature of the chassis design is on the Legion duel 2 is in the rear. Here we have centeralized divider separating two portions encasing the batteries. This divider holds dual cameras, an LED flash, the fans outlet, the Legion emblem and the Legion branding.
Upfront, we have a subtle panel, bearing a 6.92 inch AMOLED display surrounded by minimal bezels. The highlights of this display includes a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels, a density of 388 PPI, HDR10+ support and a 144Hz refresh rate.
The build of this device comprises of Gorilla glass 5 upfront, glass on the rear and aluminium on the frame. There is no word on water and dust resistance.
The Lenovo Duel 2 design discussion isn’t complete without mentioning the design provisions that set it aside from regular smartphones. I am talking about the features that facilitate good gaming ergonomics.
Much what is seen on the likes of the Black Shark 4 pro and also the Legion duel 2’s predecessor, Lenovo made provisions that doesn’t necessitate the use of the on-screen game controls, which inturn gives smartphone gamers more screen estate and also a more comfortable feel, mimicking game controllers.
The provisions here include 6 pressure-sensitive zones, which can also be referred to as game triggers. We also have 4 ultrasonic buttons on the top and 2 capacitive sliding buttons on the back.
The cameras on the Lenovo Legion Duel 2, are exactly the same as the ones on the Legion 2 Pro. But they certainly are capable of allowing you capture fun moments and also do selfie videos when gaming, if twitch is your thing.
Speaking of the possibilities of twitch, we we have a side-mounted pop-up selfie camera that can be horizontally, making you capable of recording when gaming in landscape.
The built-in camera, is a Moving upfront is a single 44MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.0. This camera is capable of shooting videos up to 4k @ 30fps.
Onboard the rear camera setup is a single 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and a 16MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 123˚ field of view. The video record on this camera setup is capped at 8k @ 24fps.
Hardware and Software
The major performance facilitator on the Lenovo Legion Duel 2, is the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor.
We also have the Adreno 660 GPU, storage and RAM options that include 256GB / 12GB and 512GB / 16GB . This data shows the absence of the 128GB / 8GB and the 512GB / 18GB option seen on the Legion 2 Pro.
What’s more, we have a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery. enthusiats will be served with a 90W fast charging mechanism, if they plug two chargers in the dual USB ports. However, enthusiasts will be served with 65W fast charging if they occupy one USB port.
On the software side, we have the ZUI 12.5 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system, in lieu of the legion UI on the Legion 2 Pro.
The Lenovo Legion Duel 2 features two USB type-c ports, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, and lots more. Please note that it doesn’t feature a headphone jack. Private audio listening is done via either a USB-C headphones or wireless headphones.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can stream, download, and upload at 5G speed provided they are in an area with 5G reception.
Lenovo Legion 2 Pro Price and Availability
Lenovo Legion Duel 2 price starts at around $948 for the 16GB RAM / 512GB storage variant. This translates to 360,240 Naira in Nigeria, 102,574 KSH in Kenya, and 5,470 GHC in Ghana.
Enthusiasts who desire the top-of-the-line 16GB / 512GB variant will have to pay about 1,206, which translates to 458,280 Naira in Nigeria, 130,368 KSH in Kenya, and 6,958 GHC in Ghana.
The Lenovo Legion pro was announced on April 8th, 2021, and is expected to be released for purchase from May 10th 2021.
Lenovo Legion Legion Duel 2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Lenovo Legion Duel 2:
- Platform: Android 11, ZUI 12.5
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB / 18GB
- Colours: Titanium White, Ultimate Black
- Dimension: 176 x 78.5 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 259 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.92 inches AMOLED, 1080 x 2460 Pixels (~388 PPI Density), ~82.3% screen-to-body ratio, 144Hz, HDR10+
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.9 + 16MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 123˚FOV
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED Flash, Panorama, HDR, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps, gyro-EIS Record
- Front Camera: 44MP Motorized pop-up Camera, f/2.0, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB, 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
- 5G: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 20, 25, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Two USB Type-C (2.0 & 3.1), USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, Under the display, Optical
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5500mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, 65W (single USB-C port) – 90W (dual USB-C ports)