The Content's Navigation Table;
- Lenovo Legion Pro Key Specs & Features
- Design and Display
- Ultrasonic Trigger Buttons
- The Cameras
- Hardware and Software
- Lenovo Legion Pro Price and Availability
- Lenovo Legion Pro Specs
- General Features
- Network Support
- Internet & Connectivity
- Sensors & Control
- Other Features
The Lenovo Legion Pro seems like the Chinese variant of the Lenovo Legion Duel. Its basically the same smartphone, only with a more broad RAM and storage options. Aside from that, you have got the same design, GPU, high-end processor, and lots more. To further buttress this point, we explore the Lenovo legion pro specs and price
Lenovo Legion Pro Key Specs & Features
- 6.65 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (388 PPI), 144Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Android 10, Legion OS/ ZUI12
- Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (7nm+)
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 16MP Dual Rear camera
- 20MP Motorized Pop-up Selfie Camera
- 5G Support
- Ultrasonic Trigger Buttons
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
- 90W Turbo Charge
- 5000mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
Design-wise, we have the same gamer-oriented design we have on the Lenovo Legion duel. If you loved the former, then you are certainly going to feel at home here because they are both the same, there is no telling which is which.
The design is characterized by bright color accents, that tries to mimic the RGB lighting affiliated with gaming PC builds. The bright color accents spawn from the rear to the front.
The rear of this smartphone is home to dual cameras, placed a position that is quite different from what we used to see on other smartphones of this nature.
The cameras were placed near the mid-position of the rear. Lenovo claims they made this move to prevent enthusiasts from smudging the camera while the phone is held horizontally.
It’s for a somewhat similar reason Lenovo also placed the selfie pop-up camera as well as an extra USB-C port on the side. It’s all about making room for good ergonomics. Having the pop-up camera on the side means enthusiasts will be able to record commentary during gameplay.
Front of this smartphone, you will find a 6.65 inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340, a screen density of 388 PPI, and a 144Hz refresh rate, kind of what we saw on the Red magic 5G.
Still, on Ergonomics, Ultrasonic trigger buttons are also a thing with the Lenovo legion pro. It’s basically the same implementation as the air triggers on the Asus Rog phone 3.
The Ultrasonic trigger buttons are basically touch-sensitive points on the side of the smartphone. These points can be programmed to work as controls for the game.
The cameras are exactly the same as that of the Lenovo legion duel. It’s the same dual-camera setup on the rear and the same single side-mounted popup selfie camera.
The dual rear camera setup comprises a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and a 16MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This setup is capable of shooting videos maxed at 4k @ 30fps. You also get HDR and Panoroma for photos.
Selfies are manned by a 20MP side-mounted motorized pop-up camera with an aperture of f/2.2. videos are capped at 4k @ 30fps. You also get HDR for photos.
Hardware and Software
The story behind gaming smartphones has been to offer the super high-end specs that would totally crush any android game brought their way. Often time, this quest places gaming smartphones on top of the chart of the most powerful android smartphones.
The Lenovo Legion pro is no slouch. It features an Octa-core Qualcomm snapdragon 865 plus processor, which is 10% faster than the regular snapdragon 865 processor.
Other features powering the performance here include an Adreno 650 graphics processing unit. RAM options of either 8GB, 12GB or 16GB, storage options of 128GB, 256GB or 512GB. You also get a non-removable 5000 mAh battery.
The Lenovo Legion pro offers different charging speeds, which are determined by the storage/ram option you choose. However, the charging speeds max out at 90W turbo charge for the maxed out 16GB / 512GB variant.
Please note that this 90W fast charge can only be attained when using two chargers. This means you would have to plug chargers into the two ports on the smartphone. The 90W fast charge is expected to give a 50% charge in 10 mins and 100% charge in 30 mins.
Other fast charge capacities include 65W for variants with 12GB RAM and 45W for variants with 8GB RAM
On the software side, the Lenovo Legion pro runs Legion OS/ ZUI12 on top of the Android 10 operating system.
The Lenovo legion Pro features two USB type-c ports, NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, wifi 6, and lots more. Please note that it doesn’t feature a headphone jack.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts can stream, download, and upload at 5G speed provided they are in an area with 5G reception.
Lenovo Legion Pro Price and Availability
Lenovo Legion Pro price starts at around $590 for the base 8GB RAM / 128GB storage variant. This translates to 253,440 Naira in Nigeria, 71,082 KSH in Kenya, and 3,805 GHC in Ghana.
The price of the maxed out 16GB / 512GB variant is around $1,150, which translates to 253,440 Naira in Nigeria, 71,082 KSH in Kenya, and 3,805 GHC in Ghana.
The Lenovo Legion pro was announced on July 22, 2020, and is currently available for purchase from leading online retail stores.
Lenovo Legion Pro Specs
Here are a few specs of the Lenovo Legion Pro:
- Platform: Android 10, Legion OS/ ZUI12
- Processor: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (3.09 GHz Kryo 585 & 2.42 GHz Tri-core Kryo 585 & 1.8 GHz Quad-core Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory: 8GB RAM / 12GB RAM / 16GB RAM
- Colours: Vengeance Red, Blazing Blue
- Dimension: 169.2 x 78.5 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 239 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.65 inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (388 PPI), 144Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Wide) f/1.9 + 16MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 Dual Cameras
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, Panorama, HDR, [email protected] gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 20MP Motorized pop-up Camera, f/2.2, LED flash, HDR, 4k @ 30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE (unspecified) – China
- 5G: SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Two USB Type-C 1.0 Reversible Connectors, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display, Optical),
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 5000 mAh Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 90W, 50% in 10 min, 100% in 30 min (512GB 16GB RAM model) 65W, (128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM models), 45W, (128GB 8GB RAM model)
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE