The LG BX is a more affordable 2020 series OLED Smart TV that offers basically all you can expect of an offering from a major player around the same price point. It promises great picture quality and a variety of features that should make it appear like good value, including HDR Pro support.
Where to Buy LG BX OLED TV
This new member of LG’s B Series, the company’s cheapest OLED entry-level series TV uses the Alpha 7 Gen 3 processor, runs on webOS and offers the latest smart and AI features. It is a successor to the LG B9.
LG BX OLED TV Key Specs & Features
- 55-inch, 65-inch
- Flat OLED Panel
- α7 Gen 3 Processor 4K
- webOS Operating System
- 4 HDMI ports, 3 USB ports
- LG ThinQ AI | Google Assistant | Alexa
- 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) Resolution
- 4K Upscaler
- Smart TV
- 40W, 2.2 Channel Speaker with Dolby Atmos
- Stand Included
- Magic Remote Control
- LED vs OLED vs QLED: Which Type of TV Good for You to Buy?(Opens in a new browser tab)
- LG R9 Rollable OLED TV Price in Nigeria (July, 2021) + Specs and Review(Opens in a new browser tab)
- LG Signature Z9 OLED TV Price and Specs(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Apple Music Won New Contracts With Record Companies(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Xiaomi CCO stated that Company’s Business won’t be Affected by COVID-19(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Samsung Q85R QLED 4K Smart TV Price in Nigeria (July, 2021) + Specs & Review
The South Korean tech company continues with their trend on ultra-slim design by perfectly building the LG BX OLED TV to look similar to the company’s B9 counterpart.
This TV flaunts a thin bezel and sleek modern premium design aesthetic. By modern, i mean a simple yet elegant design which fits perfectly in any room positioned, thus, enhance your viewing experience.
If you choose to place the TV on a table or cabinet, there is a plastic stand which is flat, thus perfectly fit to support the TV while standing.
There is also a wall bracket for easy attachment to walls without having to worry about the shape or cables dangling around. However, the wall mount and stands are sold separately.
For peripheral connectivity, at the back of the LG BX sits two HDMI port and another 2 at the side.
Similarly, at the back sits two USB port at the back and one by the side,as well as, an analog audio/headphone out, a RS-232C port, an optical digital audio out, an AV in port, an Ethernet jack, and a cable antenna (ATSC, Clear QAM) at the rear.
LG BX is available in two different screen sizes including option from 55-inch and 65-inch display.
This TV is Built on an OLED panel that boasts 4K Ultra HD resolution for excellent clarity.
Similarly, the OLED panel uses LG’s self-illuminated OLED panel, which uses individual light-emitting pixels instead of the separate backlight used in traditional LCD TVs.
The pixel-level dimming enables each of the panel’s 8.3 million pixels to brighten, dim, or power off completely, for exceptional detail and absolute black.
You also get a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixel coupled with a 120Hz refresh rate, made up of 10-bit colour depth and infinite contrast ratio, thus promising an immersive viewing experience.
In addition, LG BX OLED TV comes with the 4K upscaler, hence it will convert an HD content to fit into the 4K screen.
The BX also include LG’s new Face Enhancing processing technology, to better represent skin tones and help faces to stand out from backgrounds.
Furthermore, the LG BX 4K TV has a HDR panels, and support the dynamic Dolby Vision HDR format which uses a light sensor built into the TV to measure the ambient light in the room and adjust the Dolby Vision dynamic tone mapping accordingly.
LG BX also comes with the new Filmmaker Mode, which automatically adjusts the picture settings, turning off motion smoothing for a Cinematic experience.
Above all, the panel also enable a wide viewing angle which allows you to view your TV colour and brightness up to 178 degrees.
Running on LG’s webOS 4.0 platform which offers a simplified design to allow users effortlessly switch between all of your favourite apps and devices in three or fewer steps.
It also offer full web browser access for unlimted Internet exploring.
With this Smart TV you can play games and stream content on YouTube and other online sources, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO.
In addition to the preloaded apps, more can be downloaded from the LG Content Store.
It also comes AI features which enables the use of voice control on Google Assistant, Alexa, and also and compatible with outboard Echo and Google Home devices. hence, you can control your entire connected home, and enjoy personalized entertainment.
Similarly, the LG BX OLED TV also has the AirPlay 2 which lets you effortlessly share movies including Dolby Vision titles, TV shows, photos and more on your LG AI TV right from your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
Above all, you also get the Magic Remote that lets you navigate around using voice commands, amongst other features.
LG BX comes with 2.2-channel audio system with a 40W of amplification and support of Dolby Atmos surround sound which helps create a more immersive and quality audio experience.
In addition, the C9 also comes with an AI Sound system which help improve the audio experience,
You also get Bluetooth 5.0 and WiFi 802.11ac for fast connectivity.
For gamers, this TV comes with the best best feature including VRR, ALLM, 4K/120Hz and an extremely low input lag.
LG BX is also NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible for better PC gaming experience. It is free from screen tearing or other distracting visual artefacts.
The BX will also feature the HDR Gaming Interest Group’s HGiG Mode so gamers can enjoy high quality visuals as game creators and developers intended when playing HDR games via consoles on their LG TV.
LG BX OLED TV Price and Availability
LG BX OLED TV price starts at around $1599.99 for the 55-inch and $2,299.99 for 65-inch model. You can buy these OLED TV at reputable online stores, leading retail chains, as well as LG Electronics stores in your country.
The TV is also available for purchase on LG official website at competitive price.
LG BX OLED TV Specs
Here are a few specs of the LG BX OLED TV:
- Smart TV: Yes
- 3D TV: No
- Colours: Intense Color, Billion Rich Colors, Advanced Color Enhancer, True Color Accuracy
- Video Engine: α7 Gen 3 Processor
- Dimension (without stand): 48.3″ x 27.8″ x 1.8″ (55-inch), 57″ x 32.7″ x 1.8″ (65-inch)
- Weight: 43.9 lbs (55-inch), 52.9 lbs (65-inch)
- Built-in Camera: No
- USB Playback: Yes
- Display Type: Flat OLED Panel
- Screen Size: 55-inch, 65-inch
- Screen Resolution: (3840 x 2160) 4K UHD
- More Screen Features: Infinite Contrast, 16:9 Aspect Ratio, Pixel Level Dimming, Wide Viewing Angle, Face Enhancing, Ultra Luminance Pro, OLED Motion Pro, 4K Cinema HDR, 120Hz (Native) Refresh Rate
Smart TV Features
- Platform: webOS
- Processor: Quad-core processor
- Multitasking: –
- Built-in PVR: –
- Voice Command: Yes, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple Homepod, Amazon Echo
- Face Recognition: –
- Gesture Control: –
- App Store: Yes, YouTube, Netflix, LG TV Plus, Smart ThinQ App
- Social: –
- Web Browser: Yes
- Skype Support: –
- Screen Mirroring: Yes, Apple AirPlay 2
- Content Sharing: Yes
Inputs/Outputs & Connectivity
- HDMI Port: Yes, 4 Ports
- USB 2.0: Yes, 3 Ports
- MHL Port: –
- RF in: Yes, 1 port
- AV in: Yes, 1 port
- AV Out: –
- VGA: Yes, 1 port
- Component Video in (Y, Pb, Pr + Audio): –
- Digital Audio Out: Yes, 1 port
- LAN: Yes
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Miracast: –
- WiDi: –
- Digital Broadcasting: DVB-T2 / C / S2, HbbTV
- Audio System: Yes, 40W Speakers
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0
- Scart: –
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- Infrared: –
- Headphone jack: –
- TV Camera Support: –
- TV System: –
- Stand Type: Yes
- 4k Upscaler: Yes
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Remote: Yes, Magic Remote
- DirectTV: –
- Power Supply (Voltage): AC 120V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: –
- Standby Power: Under 0.5W
- Energy Efficiency Class: A