LG K42 Launches In India and the Price is affordable
Back in September last year, LG launched the K42 in Dominican Republic. It is a smartphone with superb value because it is delivers much more functional value than its peers do.
What does LG K42 offers?
There are the standard features like a 6.6-inch 720×1600 IPS display and an 8 MP selfie camera in a centred punch hole at the front, a MediaTek Helio P22 chipset, 3GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a 4000 mAh battery on the inside, as well as a triple camera setup – made up of a 13 MP main camera, a 5 MP ultrawide, a 2 MP macro cam, and a 2 MP depth sensor – at the back.
In addition, there is a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, a dedicated Google Asistant button, 3D sound engine, and 10W enhanced charging to help top up the battery faster. All of these are still standard fare.
And now for the exciting extras, LG says they applied an anti-scratch UV coating on the K42 so that it is more resistant to scratches and scrapes. UV stands for “unique wave” and gives the back of the phone a more premium and durable pattern. In addition, this phone is military-grade certified, having passed MIL-STD-810G testing.
What is MIL-STD-810G?
This is not the same as being water-proof or dust-proof. Having MIL-STD-810G durability means that the phone was built to be tough and has been tested and passed tests for shock, extreme temperatures, vibration, and humidity.
Essentially, you have a tough phone that will survive many harsh situations that other phones will likely not survive. If you are clumsy with your phones, this is the one you want. If you work or play in environments of extreme temperature and humidity, the LG K42 will suit your lifestyle. Just don’t drop it in water or anything of the sort; it isn’t built to withstand liquids.
In summary, the LG K42 offers decent performance and utility with military-grade durability for a low price. It is as juicy as it gets.
LG K42 Specs
- Operating System: Android 10
- Network Type: 2G/3G/4G
- Dimensions: 76.7 x 165.0 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 182g
- Colours: Green. Gray.
- Display: 6.6-inch full HD+ (720×1600 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio, punch hole display
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Main camera: 13MP main lens + 5MP Super Wide-Angle lens + 2MP Macro lens + 2MP depth sensor
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Octa-Core, Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22
- RAM: 3 GB
- ROM (Internal Storage): 64 GB
- Expandable Storage Memory: MicroSD card, up to 256 GB
- Audio: 3D Sound Engine
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor (side-mounted), Accelerometer, Digital compass
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0. 802.11 /b/g/n (Single Band) WiFi.
- Model Number: LMK420EMW
- Battery/Charging: 4,000mAh with 10W fast charging
- Announced: September 2020
- Release Date: January 2021
- Price: INR 10,990 in India, where it has been announced.
The LG K42 is great value for money and one wishes that LG were pushing it in more countries around the world.
Pricing and Availability
It has been launched in India where it sells for INR 10,990. LG is no longer officially present in Nigeria, and that is a bummer, because this will be a bestseller and would have done well here. If you really want one outside India, you can order it from Flipkart and have it shipped to your country.
The news is that the LG K42 will be officially available in launch in a handful of Latin American markets like Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Panama.