Naija Tech News (NTN) on 21, and in content, M1 Mac: How to turn on/off optimized battery charging (and battery health management), M1, MAC .
As we all know, Apple has introduced battery health management functions for iPhone, AirPods, Apple Watch and Mac devices, aiming to extend battery life by reducing the rate of battery chemical aging.
However, on the M1 Mac, the option to turn off battery health management has disappeared, which means that users cannot choose by themselves. But foreign media 9to5mac gave a tutorial to help users.
How to turn on/off optimized battery charging (and battery health management) on Mac
Battery health management and optimized charging are enabled by default in macOS Big Sur. IT Home reminds that it is best to keep this feature enabled.
Intel Mac running Big Sur:
- Open system settings
- Select the battery at the bottom
- You can choose to turn off optimized battery charging (choose to turn off completely or “turn off until tomorrow”)
- Click “Battery Health…” at the bottom
- You will also get the option to turn off battery health management
- Click “Close” to confirm the changes
- Follow the same steps to open the settings
- System Preferences>Battery>Optimized Battery Charging
- You can choose to “close until tomorrow” or permanently close
- However, if you click “Battery Health…”, you will see the battery status, but there is no option to turn off “Battery Health Management”
Mac running Catalina (at least 10.15.5)
- Go to System Preferences> Energy Saving
- Now click on battery health…
- You can uncheck battery health management
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE
YOU MAY LIKE
Note: off comments will be trashed and you will be marked as Spam! use contact us, if it's required.