Microsoft: Office 2010 support will end on October 13
Microsoft announced that it will stop supporting Office 2010 next month (October 13, 2020). At that time, you can still use Office 2010, but no longer have technical support such as patches and security updates. Like Windows products, Microsoft Office has a life cycle-the “life cycle” starts when the product is released and ends when it is no longer supported.
Naijatechnews reminder: Microsoft’s support for Office 2010 will end on October 13, 2020, and will no longer provide any extensions, and will not provide extended security updates. All Office 2010 applications will continue to run normally. However, you may expose yourself to serious and potentially harmful security risks .
What does it mean for you to end support after October 13, 2020:
- Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, bug fixes, or security fixes for Office 2010 vulnerabilities that are subsequently reported or discovered. This includes security updates that can help protect your computer from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- You will no longer receive Office 2010 software updates from the Microsoft Update website.
- You will no longer receive phone or chat technical support.
- Updates to support content will no longer be provided, and most online help content will be discontinued.
- You can no longer download Office 2010 from the Microsoft website.
What other options are there?
Microsoft recommends that you upgrade Office. The upgrade options depend on whether you are using the home version of Office 2010 or the version of Office 2010 managed by the IT department of your workplace or school.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE