Microsoft pushes Win10 2004 cumulative update, version number 19041.572
Microsoft today issued a cumulative update patch for Windows 10 KB4579311. After the update, the version number of Windows 10 2004 or 20H2 preview users can be increased to 19041.572 or 19042.572, respectively.
Windows 10 KB4579311 is a security-focused update. It has no new features or major bug fixes . Here are the highlights:
- Update to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
- Used to verify the user name and password update.
- Updates to improve the security when Windows performs basic operations.
The following is a list of fixed bugs:
- Solve the problem of possible elevation of privileges in win32k.
- Resolved an issue with the Group Policy Service, which may recursively delete critical files from %systemroot%systm32 in alphabetical order. This issue occurs when the policy is configured to delete cached configuration files. Deletion of these files may cause the stop error “0x5A (CRITICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)” to fail to start.
- Solved the problem of creating empty ports using the user interface.
- Security updates for Windows application platforms and frameworks, Microsoft graphics components, Windows media, Windows basics, Windows authentication, Windows virtualization, and Windows kernel.
Naijatechnews learned that in July of this year, Microsoft discovered a problem in the May 2020 update that affects the network connection status indicator (NCSI). After applying the 2004 update and cumulative update, some users began to see yellow triangles in NCSI and caused the “cannot access the Internet” problem, but the bug has been fixed in the current version.