Motorola Moto E7 Specifications and Price
Motorola has finally unveiled its budget smartphone, the Moto E7. The phone shares a similar design and some of its specs with its sibling, the Moto E7 Plus, but there are tradeoffs that explain why it has a lower price tag.
The Moto E7 has a polycarbonate body which should be able to take a beating. The dual rear cameras and LED flash are housed in a squircle that is positioned in the middle of the phone. There is a fingerprint scanner right under the sensors and at the bottom left corner is a slit for the loudspeaker. Motorola has released the phone in three colors – Aqua Blue, Satin Coral, and Mineral Grey – and all three have a textured finish.
The phone is built around a 6.5-inch 1600 x 720 IPS LCD display. The screen which has a waterdrop notch that houses a 5MP selfie camera. Considering that this is a budget smartphone, the thick bezels around the screen are expected.
For the Moto E7, Motorola has gone with MediaTek’s Helio G25 processor, the same chipset inside the Redmi 9A. But unlike the Redmi 9A which comes with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, this new Moto E phone has just 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. However, you get a MicroSD card slot (hybrid) that allows you to add up to an additional 512GB of storage space.
The primary rear camera is a 48MP f/1.7 sensor which is quite interesting for an entry-level smartphone. It is paired with a 2MP camera for taking macro shots. Under the hood is a smaller 4000mAh battery than the 5000mAh one inside the Plus variant. You still get 10W charging but in what can be termed a pleasant surprise, it gets a USB-C charging port instead of the MicroUSB port found on the Moto E7 Plus.
Moto E7 Specifications
Since this is a quiet lengthy article, we have added a table of contents for easier navigation.
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – Europe, Asia
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – LATAM
- 4G bands:
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40, 41 – Europe
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 19, 28, 66 – LATAM
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41 – Asia
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, November 24
- Status: Exp. release 2020, November
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 75.7 x 8.9 mm (6.49 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 180 g (6.35 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: Mineral Gray, Aqua Blue, Satin Coral
- Water-repellent coating
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~82.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G25 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, LTEEP, SUPL
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Moto E7 Price and Availability
The phone is expected to go for €119 in Europe and £99 in the UK. It will also be announced in the coming weeks in Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East..