MTN Data Share
One Data Plan, Multiple Users
Share your data plan with friends & family, wherever they are on the MTN network.
- Activate an applicable data plan.
- Dial *131*2*1# or text ‘REG’ to 131 to register for MTN Data Share. You will receive a unique security PIN.
- Change the system generated PIN to a new PIN that can easily be remembered by dialling *131*2*5# or by texting ‘Change ‘ to 131. E.g Text ‘Change 0000 1234 1234’ to 131. Where 0000 is the old PIN and 1234 is the new PIN.
- After changing the PIN, add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*2# or by texting ‘Add ‘ to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your data bundle among the added beneficiaries by texting ‘Share ‘ to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*3#.
Data Gifting service allows you to send a data bundle to your friends and loved ones, by simply paying for the data bundle on behalf of the person. Data Gifting can also be used to send data to your other smartphones, modems and iPad.
How to send Data as a Gift Plan:
Option 1 (SMS):
- 1. Register for the Data Gifting service by sending keyword REG to 131; you will receive a unique authentication PIN
- 2. Text key word “GIFT [MSISDN][Data Bundle Code][PIN] to 131. E.g Gift 0803xxxxxxxx 106 0000.
- Where 106 is the code of 100MB monthly plan and 0000 is your PIN”
Option 2 (USSD): Dial *131# and follow the menu
Check Data Balance
For MTN mobile data plan text ‘2’ to 131 to get information about data usage
For MTN BIS (Blackberry) subscription text ‘Status’ to 21600 to get information about data usage
MTN Internet Settings
Account Name = MTN GPRS
IP Address = 10.199.212.2
Port = 9201 (for WAP) or 8080 (for HTML)
Username = web
Password = web
Access Point Name (APN) = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net