In this tutorial, we will show you how to download and install LineageOS 18.1 onto your Google Nexus 5 (codenamed hammerhead) device. The Google-owned OS is open source in nature.
To install any custom ROM on Nexus 5, all that is required is an unlocked bootloader, and then you could easily set your feet in the custom development. From installing a custom recovery like TWRP to gaining root access via Magisk, the possibilities are endless. In this guide, we will be discussing just that. Today, we will show you the steps to install LineageOS 18.1 onto your Nexus 5 (hammerhead) device.
Lineage OS 18.1 with Android 11 Features
Of all the custom ROMs available for our unit, the oldest player was Lineage. It was identified as CyanogenMod in its early days and now this ‘lineage’ seems to have been correctly carried on. You will be able to welcome a few useful customization options on your smartphone based on the Android Open Source Project. It is not known that the ROM provides a multitude of features, but rather that it maintains a balance with the stability front.
It is based on the new Android 11 that has just been launched as far as the latest LineageOS 18.1 is concerned. This in turn translates with some notable features to the user getting blessed. These include a separate segment on conversation, OneTime Permissions, and a new history of alerts. Similarly, Chat Bubbles and a native Screen Recorder have been added. With some handy Media Controls options, the Media Player has now also been switched to Fast Settings.
1. This ROM will only work on this device, Don’t try this on any other device.
2. Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
3. It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
4. Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
You must have TWRP Recovery Installed on your device.
(Learn here: How to install)
XDA Development Forum (Source): Here!
(🡅🡅 for Additional info like: Bug fix, TWRP img file, important steps before installing checkout the link above 🡅🡅)
▼ DOWNLOAD FILES ▼
LINEAGE OS 18.1 ROM
Table of Contents
Instructions to Install
1. First Download & Install a Custom Recovery on your device (TWRP is recommended), If you already have installed then skip this step.
2. Download ROM & Gapps .zip file and save it on your device’s Internal storage or SD Card.
3. Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode. (if you don’t know how to boot your device into twrp recovery then you can search it on Google)
4. Now in TWRP create a Nandroid Backup of your device for safer side. If anything goes wrong, you can restore back to your older ROM. (How to Take Nandroid Backup)
5. Now do a Factory Reset of your device, Goto Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data. Then Swipe to Wipe.
6. Now go back to TWRP Main Menu by pressing the Center navigation button.
7. Now Select Install, Locate the ROM zip file and Swipe to Confirm Flash.
8. After the flashing completes, Flash the Gapps in the manner.
9. After Gapps flashing completes, Select Wipe cache/dalvik from the bottom left side of the screen, & Swipe to Wipe.
10. After wipe completes, Click on Reboot System.
That’s it Now you have successfully installed the latest Android on your device, the first boot will take some time so please don’t panic!
If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the installation process, use the comments section below to reach us or contact to XDA forum members from the link above.