Alongside the Nokia 110 4G, HMD Global also launched the 105 4G feature phone. As the name suggests, it also support LTE connectivity. This enables high quality HD Voice calls over VoLTE, a big step up from the 2G audio quality.
And, perhaps more importantly, it will continue to work for years to come, which cannot be said about the 2019 models, which are 2G only – 2G networks (even some 3G ones) are already being shut off in some regions. The new models phones have single and dual-SIM versions and support multiple 4G bands (different for different regions).
The Nokia 105 4G is also tiny, but capable enough for handling calls and music playback. However, it lacks camera and a 3.5mm headphone jack like the Nokia 110 4G.
The phone have 1.8” displays with 120 x 160 px resolution. They use big, easy to see icons and even “Readout assist”, which reads the menus out loud. HMD clearly took care to make these usable by elderly parents.
For entertainment, the device support MP3 playback and have a microSD slot that can hold cards up to 32 GB. An FM radio is on board as well, which can work without headphones plugged in. An additional tool is an LED flashlight built into the top side of the phone (i.e. not a camera flash).
The Nokia 105 4G have 1,020 mAh battery, which is enough for days of standby and up to 5 hours of voice calls (a bit more in 3G, up to 16 hours in 2G). Charging is done with the included charger using a microUSB cable.
Nokia 105 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – LATAM
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – APAC, EU, MENA, CN
- 4G bands:
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20 – KSA, EG, SSA, Rest of APAC
- 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 40 – LATAM, Brazil
- 1, 3, 5, 8 – EU, RUCIS, Rest of MENA
- 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 39, 40, 41 – China
- Speed: HSPA, LTE
- Announced: 2021, June 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, July
- Dimensions: 121 x 50 x 14.5 mm (4.76 x 1.97 x 0.57 in)
- Weight: 80.2 g (2.82 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT, 65K colors
- Size: 1.8 inches, 10.0 cm2 (~16.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 120 x 160 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~111 ppi density)
- RAM: 48MB
- Internal Storage: 48MB
- Memory Card slot: No
- Phonebook: Yes
- Call records: Yes
- Main Camera: No
- Video: Yes
- Selfie Camera: No
- Radio: Wireless FM radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: No
- Bluetooth: No
- GPS: No
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Messaging: SMS
- Games: Yes
- Java: No
- MP3 player
- Readout assist
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 1020 mAh, removable
Nokia 105 4G Price and Availability
The price of the Nokia 105 4G is still unknown to us due to its silent announcement.