Last year, in October, HMD Global had announced the Nokia 225 4G feature phone. Today, the company has launched a new model of the same, called Nokia 225 4G Payment Edition.
As the phone’s name clearly indicates, the focus of the company is on facilitating payments using the device. The phone enables users to access Alipay Wallet with a one-key action.
As noted above, the major difference between the standard version and this new model is the support for mobile payments function. With a one-key action, the function can be opened or navigate to the payment option in the menu and then click on the “Payment Code” to proceed further. The user also gets an option to set a daily consumption limit.
The phone comes with a 2.4-inch screen and under the hood, the device is powered by a UNISOC processor. It has memory card support that can help users expand the phone’s storage capacity up to 32GB.
There’s also a 3-megapixel camera sensor placed on the phone’s back panel. Additionally, the phone also comes with a flashlight. It supports features like quick dialing, voice recorder, external radio, etc.
The highlight of the phone is that it comes with support for 4G connectivity. The 4G support isn’t limited to a single SIM but the phone can be connected to a 4G network on both the SIM cards simultaneously.
Nokia 225 / Nokia 225 4G Payment Edition Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – International
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – NA, LATAM
- 4G bands:
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 38, 40 – EU, APAC, SSA
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 – MENA, AU, NZ, PHI, HK, TW, NG, TZ
- 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 39, 40, 41 – IN, CN
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 28 – NA, LATAM
- Speed: HSPA, LTE
- Announced: 2020, October 10
- Status: Available. Released 2020, October 17
- Dimensions: 124.7 x 51 x 13.7 mm (4.91 x 2.01 x 0.54 in)
- Weight: 90.1 g (3.17 oz)
- Colors: Black, Classic Blue, Metallic Sand
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT, 256K colors
- Size: 2.4 inches, 17.8 cm2 (~28.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~167 ppi density)
- Chipset: Unisoc UMS9117
- Storage: 128MB 64MB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDHC
- Main Camera: Single – 0.3 MP
- Video: Yes
- Selfie Camera: No
- Radio: FM radio, built-in antenna
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: No
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- GPS: No
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, IM
- Games: Yes
- MP3 player
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Ion 1150 mAh, removable
Models: TA-1321, TA-1296, TA-1279, TA-1276
Nokia 225 4G Payment Edition Price and Availability
As for the pricing, this new Nokia 225 4G Payment Edition is priced at 349 yuan (~$55) in China, which is the same as the pricing of the standard model launched last year. However, for a limited time, it will be available at a promotional price of 309 yuan, which roughly converts to $48. It comes in three colors — Black, Blue, and Sand Gold.
Be the first to comment