In the absence of the G30 and G40, the Nokia G50 falls in place as a to the Nokia G20. It offers a more capable processor, more RAM a bigger display, and more. Do well to read through the article to grasp the information needed to make your purchase decision.
Nokia G50 Key Specs & Features
- 6.82 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 Pixels, 20:9 ratio (~252 PPI)
- Android 11
- Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm)
- 6GB / 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage, with SD-Card Support Up to 512GB
- 48 MP + 5MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 5G Network
- 18W Fast Charging
- Non-Removable 5000 mAh Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
In the aspect of design, the Nokia G50 isn’t really different from the less premium G20, both android smartphones are very identical.
With the fact above in place, enthusiasts should expect the same gradient coloured system on the rear, on which you will find a circular camera module with three cameras and an LED flash. What’s more, we have the same Nokia branding placements, which indicates it’s a Nokia smartphone.
However, we have a slightly bigger 6.82-inch IPS LCD up front, as opposed to the 6.52-inch display on the G20. Nokia retained the drop notch design as well as the bogus bezel on the bottom which houses another Nokia branding.
Aside from the disparity in the display size, the colour options are another parameter you can utilize in setting both smartphones apart. On the G50, we have Midnight Sun, Ocean Blue, while on the G20 we have Glacier and Night options.
Nokia opted for stalemates in the cameras, which goes to say the cameras aren’t a reason you may want to upgrade or purchase the G50 instead of the G20. It’s the same cameras on the rear and upfront, however, the G20 leads with an extra camera on the rear.
On the rear, we have the same 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.8, the same 5MP ultrawide camera, and the same 2MP depth camera, however, it lacks the 2MP macro seen on the G20. Video recording on this setup is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Selfies are also manned by the same 8MP camera as seen on the G20. This camera records videos up to 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, the Nokia G50 takes things up a notch by opting for the Snapdragon 480 5G processor, in place of the Helio G35 on the G20. It also goes far to offering a 6GB RAM option, alongside a 4GB RAM, as opposed to only having a 4GB RAM option on the G20.
What’s more, we have the Andreno 619 GPU in lieu of PowerVR GE8320 GPU. However, we have a slightly smaller non-removable 5000mAh battery in place of the 5050mAh battery on the G20.
Nokia did merge this slightly smaller battery with a faster 18W fast charge mechanism in place of the 10W charging on the G20.
On the software side, we have a stock Android user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Nokia G50 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C 2.0 port with OTG support, low energy Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G as opposed to the 4G-only connectivity on the G20.
Nokia G50 Price and Availability
The price of the Nokia G50 wasn’t known as at the time this article was written, however, it will be updated once it is made known.
Nokia G50 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Nokia G50:
- Platform: Android 11
- Processor: Qualcomm SM4350 Snapdragon 480 5G (8 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Memory: 4GB / 6GB
- Colours: Midnight Sun, Ocean Blue
- Dimension: 173.8 x 77.7 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 220 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.82-inch IPS LCD, 720 x 1560 Pixels, ~84.5% screen-to-body ratio, 19.5:9 ratio, ~252 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 5MP (Ultrawide) + 2MP (Depth)
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Up to 512GB0
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 /
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 7, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 71, 78, SA/NSA/Sub6, SA/NSA/Sub6, SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 18W Capacity (Wired)
Be the first to comment