After teasing for days, OnePlus has finally launched the OnePlus 10 Pro in China. This is latest flagship smartphone from the brand as the successor of last year’s OnePlus 9 Pro. However, it does not look like one as it features a revamped design.
The OnePlus 10 Pro takes design cues from the Samsung Galaxy S21 series and the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra. The metal camera housing melts with the frame like on the Samsung. Further, it has large camera sensors as on Xiaomi. It also retains the signature alert slider and matte rear glass panel from its predecessors. Talking about size and weight, the handset measures 163 x 73.9 x 8.5mm in dimensions and weighs 200.5g.
On the front, the device flaunts a 6.7-inch second-generation LTPO AMOLED display (flexible) with support for variable refresh rates (1Hz to 120Hz). This curved panel has a resolution of 3216 x 1440 pixels (QHD+), 525 PPI, a punch-hole at the top left corner, and an in-screen fingerprint sensor. Other specs of the screen include 1300 nits peak brightness, 5000000:1 contrast ratio, 20.1:9 aspect ratio, 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset paired with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. It is the debut handset for ColorOS 12.1 based on Android 12. The latest version of OPPO’s mobile operating system brings features such as HyperBoost (for gaming) and more.
As far as optics are concerned, the OnePlus 10 Pro houses a triple camera setup on the rear. This system includes a 48MP Sony IMX789 primary sensor with OIS, a 50MP Samsung ISOCELL JN1 sensor 150° ultra-wide unit, and an 8MP 3.3x telephoto shooter with OIS. For selfies and video calls, there is a 32MP Sony IMX615 sensor on the front.
All these cameras are co-tuned by Hasselblad with features like Hasselblad Natural Color Optimization 2.0, XPan Mode, and more.
Other features of the smartphone include 5G connectivity, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GNSS, NFC, USB Type-C (USB 3.1), x-axis linear vibration motor, and dual stereo speakers with support for Dolby Atmos.
Last but not least, the device gets its energy from a 5,000mAh battery. This cell can be filled either by 80W SuperVOOC fast wired charging or 50W AirVOOC fast wireless charging. It also has support for reverse wireless charging.
OnePlus 10 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41 – China
- 5G bands:
- 1, 3, 40, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA – China
- SA/NSA/mmWave – USA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat18 1200/200 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2022, January 11
- Status: Exp. release 2022, January 13
- Dimensions: 163 x 73.9 x 8.6 mm (6.42 x 2.91 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 200.5 g (7.09 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass), aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPO2 AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~90.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Always-on display
- Android 12.1, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 23mm (wide), 1/1.43″, 1.12µm, omnidirectional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 77mm (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3.3x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 150˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, AF
- Features: Hasselblad Color Calibration, Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60/120fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: Auto-HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- Reverse wireless charging
- USB Power Delivery
OnePlus 10 Pro Price and Availability
The OnePlus 10 Pro will go for the following price tags in China.
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥4,699 ($737)
- 8GB + 256GB – ¥4,999 ($785)
- 12GB + 256GB – ¥5,299 ($832)
Buyers can avail the phone in either Black Out or All things Green color option. It will go on sale from 10 AM on January 13.
OnePlus is yet to reveal the global launch date for the OnePlus 10 Pro.