The Oppo A12s offers a package that is basically the same as what we got on the Oppo A12, with an exception in storage and RAM variants. The fact that it was launched in Cambodia sort of gives the hint that it is meant to be the Cambodian version of the standard Oppo A12. To further buttress this point, we explore the Oppo A12s specs and price.
Oppo A12s Key Specs & Features
- 6.22-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 720 x 1520 Pixels (271 PPI)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), ColorOS 6.1
- 3GB RAM
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 (12nm)
- 32GB Inbuilt Storage, With SD-card Support
- 13MP + 2MP Dual rear Cameras
- 5MP Front camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear Mounted)
- 4230mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
Where To Buy Oppo A12s Detailed Reviews, Specs and Price
The Design and Display
There isn’t really much to say about the design of the A12s. This is due to the fact that it bears the exact same setup as we saw on the Oppo A12. However, there is a slight difference in color options, which you could actually use to tell both smartphones apart.
The Oppo A12s comes in Deep Blue, Flowing Silver, while the Oppo 12 has Blue and Black color variants.
Perusing the chassis, we find a dual-camera setup, an LED flash, a capacitive fingerprint sensor, and the Oppo logo indicating its an oppo smartphone all at the rear.
Upfront we find a 6.22 inch IPS LCD display with a drop notch housing a front-facing camera. This display has a resolution of 720 x 1520 and a screen density of 271 PPI.
Build properties on here comprise of plastic on the rear, plastic on the frame, and glass upfront.
Oppo let every feature untouched in the camera department. Its the same number of cameras with the same feature. This means that enthusiasts shouldn’t really bother about a drop in camera quality.
The rear camera department is home to a dual-camera setup comprising of a 13MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4. With this setup, you can shoot videos capped at 1080p @ 30fps. You also get HDR and Panorama for photos.
Selfies are manned by a single 5MP camera with an aperture of f/2.0. It offers HDR mode for photos.
Hardware and Software
The hardware department bears on this Android phone the same combo as on the standard Oppo A12, however, it loses the 4GB / 64GB variants, leaving us with just the 3GB / 32GB variant.
The Major components facilitating performance include an Octa-core MediaTek P35 processor, a graphics processing unit, and a non-removable 4230 mAh Li-Po battery.
On the software side, the Oppo A12 runs ColorOS 6.1 user interface running on the Android 9.0 Pie.
The Oppo A12s features a 3.5mm headphone jack and a USB Type C port. It also features dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0.
Internet connectivity is capped at 4G LTE, which means you won’t have access to 5G. Streams, uploads, and downloads can be done through 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE connections.
Oppo A12s Price and Availability
The Price of the Oppo A12s is around $137. In Nigeria 53,156 Naira, 14,727 KSH in Kenya, and 789 GHC in Ghana.
The Oppo A12s was announced on July 14th, 2020, and is expected to go on sale later in 2020.
Oppo A12s Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo A12s:
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie), ColorOS 6.1
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 (4×2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Deep Blue, Flowing Silver
- Dimension: 155.9 x 75.5 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.22-inch, IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 720 x 1520 Pixels (270 PPI)
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 13MP (Primary) f/2.2 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4 Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5 MP Camera, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4230 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook or Whatsapp it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)! Join Over 5,000 + Readers. Get a free daily update via Email HERE Follow Us on Twitter @9jaTechNews Like Us on Facebook.For the latest Tech News and Reviews, follow Naija tech news on Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
All products recommended by Naijatechnews are selected by our editorial team. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.