OPPO has officially unveiled the OPPO A55 in India. It is the latest budget smartphone from the company arrives with a basic set of features. The design of the device is majorly the selling point rather than specifications.
The newly launched OPPO A55 features a camera island design, unlike other OPPO phones in the market. It is IPX4-certified for splash resistance and measures 163.6 x 75.7 x 8.4mm in dimensions and weighs around 193g.
The handset features a 6.51-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 1600 x 720 pixels, 16.7 million colors, 269 PPI, and a 1500:1 contrast ratio. The screen has a 60Hz refresh rate, a 120Hz touch sampling rate, and can cover up to 70% of the NTSC color gamut. Lastly, it has a peak brightness of 550 nits under sunlight and NEG T2X-1 glass protection.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 chipset paired with 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM and 64GB/128GB storage. If needed, the storage can be further expanded via a MicroSD card (up to 256GB).
As far as optics are concerned, the smartphone houses a triple rear camera array consisting of a 50MP primary sensor, a 2MP macro shooter, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front, it has a 16MP punch hole camera on the top left corner for selfies and video calls.
Connectivity options of the handset include dual-SIM, 4G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GNSS (GPS, A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS), USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. It has all the essential sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, proximity sensor, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Finally, the OPPO A55 runs ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11 and draws power from a 5,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
OPPO A55 4G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, October 01
- Status: Available. Released 2021, October 01
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 75.7 x 8.4 mm (6.44 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 193 g (6.81 oz)
- Colors: Rainbow Blue, Starry Black, Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (typ), 550 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.51 inches, 102.3 cm2 (~82.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Protection: NEG T2X-1
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8 26mm (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
OPPO A55 Price and Availability
The OPPO A55 comes in attractive color options, namely Starry Black and Rainbow Blue. It will retail for the following price tags in India.
- 4GB + 64GB – INR15,490 ($209)
- 6GB + 128GB – INR17,490 ($236)
The smartphone will be available for purchase starting October 3 via Amazon India, OPPO E-Store, and offline retailers across the country.
Customers can avail the following different offers for a limited time.
- Flat INR3,000 of HDFC Band credit/debit cards and EMI
- No-cost EMI up to 6 months (Prime members only)
- 6-month free screen replacement (Prime members only)
- 3-month free Amazon Prime subscription
- 10% instant discount on Kotak Bank, Bank of Baroda, and Axix bank cards
- No-cost EMI up to 3 months
- Up to INR3,000 cashback and no-cost EMI on select credit/debit cards.
- EMI options from multiple financial services
Be the first to comment