OPPO has announced its latest smartphone, the OPPO A56s, in China. The new device is an update to the popular OPPO A56 and features several improved specifications.
The OPPO A56s boasts a 6.56-inch HD+ display, with a 90Hz refresh rate for smooth and fast operation. It is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 810 5G processor, paired with 8GB of RAM and 128/256GB of internal storage.
In terms of camera capabilities, the OPPO A56s features a dual camera setup on the back, consisting of a 13-megapixel main camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor. The front-facing camera is a 8-megapixel shooter.
The OPPO A56s runs on Google’s Android 12 operating system, with OPPO’s ColorOS user interface on top. It is powered by a large 5,000mAh battery, and supports 10W fast charging.
OPPO A56s key specifications
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD screen with 720 x 1612px HD+ with 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 810 with Mali-G57 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256GB ROM and 8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Camera: Dual-Cameras:
- 13MP f/2.2 main,
- 2MP depth f/2.4 cameras
- Front camera: 8MP f/2.0
- Video recording: [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W fast charging
The OPPO A56s will be available in two color options: Fluid Black and Streamer Blue. It is set to go on sale in China on January 15th, with pricing starting at CNY 1,099 (approximately $160) or CNY 1,299 (approximately $190) for the 128GB and 256GB ROM respectively. It is not yet clear if the OPPO A56s will be released in other markets yet.