The Oppo A95 5G joins the list of Mid-range smartphones under the Oppo A series. It is sort of a more sort of a more capable sibling to the Oppo A94 5G, due to the fact that enthusiasts are actually being served with a bigger storage option. The rest of the specs are pretty the same in exception to the rear cameras that have a slightly different setup. More on that later in the article.
Oppo A95 Key Specs & Features
- 6.43 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels (409 PPI)
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Octa-core Mediatek MT6771V Helio P70
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage, supports SD-Card
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16MP Front Camera
- 5G Network
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display, Optical)
- 4310 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po battery
Design and Display
Laying emphasis on the Oppo A95 5G chassis design, we have got a replica of the A94 5G. Both smartphones share a twin design, with sort of matching colour options. So in summary enthusiasts would probably not be making their purchase decision based on aesthetics.
Examining the rear panel design, leaves us a gradient colors scheme, just like the A95. We also have a square camera module with triple rear cameras. Oppo also tucked in the 5G branding nicely on this module.
Upfront, we have yet another familiar setup, am talking about a 6.43 inch AMOLED display with a punch hole camera on the top left corner. The highlights of this display includes a resolution of 1080 x 2400, a density of 409 PPI and a 60HZ refresh rate.
The cameras on the Oppo A95 5G are pretty much the same as the ones on the A94 5G, however, its those that have a camera less than the A94, this leave us with a triple camera system in lieu of quad setup.
Examining the triple camera setup, we have a 48MP primary camera with aperture of f/1.7, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4 and an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 119˚ field of view.
This data shows the we are missing the 2MP dedicated seen on the A94 5G. Video recording on the rear camera setup is capped at 4k @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have the MediaTek Helio 800u 5G processor, which is the exact same processor powering the Oppo A94 5G, we also have the same 8GB RAM and the same 4310mAh Li-Po with support for 30W fast charging.
The only differentiating factor observed in the specs shit is the bigger 256GB storage option, as opposed to just 128GB on the A94 5G.
On the software side, the Oppo A95 5G runs the ColorOS 11.1 user interface ontop of the Android 10 operating system.
The Oppo A95 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C 2.0 port, with OTG support. We also have low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, WIFI and Hotspot.
Internet connectivity is capped at 5G, which means enthusiast can utilize 5G connectivity when there is reception, for downloads, uploads and streaming.
Oppo A95 5G Price and Availability
The Oppo A95 5G starts at $310, which translates to about 127,296 Naira in Nigera, 33,028 KSH in Kenya and 1,788 GHC in Ghana. While Enthusiasts who desire the top of the line 12GB RAM / 256GB variant will have to pay $355.
The Oppo A95 5G was announced on April 27th 2021 and expected to be released later in MAY 2021.
Oppo A95 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo A95 5G:
- Platform: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Processor: MediaTek MT6853 Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm) (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC3
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Fluid Black, Cosmo Blue, Silver
- Dimension: 160.1 x 73.4 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 173 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43 inches AMOLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~409 PPI, ~84.9% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 119˚ FOV
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP Camera, f/2.4, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1x
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes. (Under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4310mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 30W Capacity