Table of Contents
Smartwatch is a wearable computer in the form of a wristwatch; modern smartwatches provide a local touchscreen interface for daily use, while an associated smartphone app provides for management and telemetry. While early models could perform basic tasks, such as calculations, digital time telling, translations, and game-playing, smartwatches have more general functionality closer to smartphones, including mobile apps, a mobile operating system and WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity. Some smartwatches function as portable media players, with FM radio and playback of digital audio and video files via a Bluetooth headset. Some models, called watch phones, have mobile cellular functionality like making calls
Continue after the short break
ad: GET $10,000+ Free Elon Musk Money on X (Twitter) Click Here
ad: Monetize your Facebook Account for Monthly $500 Click Here
ad: How to Earn Free $100 on Binance & Withdraw Click Here
- Jumia Black Friday Sales 90% OFF
- Download All Latest Movies & TV Series
- Download PPSSPP Games
- Download All Premium Apps for Android
- Latest Phones Specs & Prices
- Latest PC Specs & Prices
- Check Latest Tech News & Telcom gist
- How to tech and guides DIY
OPPO and OPPO smartwatch
OPPO is a Chinese consumer electronics and mobile communications company headquartered in Guangdong, in China, and known for its smartphones, Blu-ray players and other electronic devices. A leading manufacturer of smartphones, OPPO was the top smartphone brand in China in 2023 and was ranked No. 5 worldwide. It is a subsidiary of BBK Electronics. It is a part of BBK Electronics Corporation along with Vivo, Realme and OnePlus.
Oppo held its Inno Day back in December, where it teased its upcoming smartwatch and true wireless headphones.
Now, a Vice President at Oppo shared the first image of the Oppo smartwatch – it will have a square screen with curved edges and two buttons on the side.
It bears a strong resemblance to the Apple Watch, but unlike Cupertino’s wearable that has one crown and one button, the Oppo smartwach has two keys, with a hole in between them. We think this might be a microphone, meaning you can talk on your Oppo smartwatch without needing the smartphone.
The big question remains whether it will have a SIM slot (or perhaps eSIM) or will stick to Bluetooth to keep the price a bit lower. All we know so far is the smartwatch should be introduced in Q1, and given Oppo has promised to be at MWC 20239(MWC is the world’s largest exhibition for the mobile industry, and incorporates a thought-leadership conference featuring prominent executives representing global mobile operators, device manufacturers, technology providers, vendors, and content owners) in Barcelona, there’s a high chance to see the wearable get introduced during the conference.
- OPPO Find X7: Equipped with Dimensity 9300, AnTuTu scores 2.27 million
- OPPO Reno8 Pro+ starts the second batch of ColorOS 14 x Android 14 public beta
- OPPO Reno11: high-resolution lens module, Dimensity 8200 / Snapdragon 8 + dual version
- OPPO A2 released, see specs and price
- OPPO A2 officially announced
- OPPO A79 Launched in India: With Dimensity 6020 processor and 50-megapixel camera
- OPPO A79 5G; 8GB RAM, Dimensity 6020
- OPPO Find N3 foldable screen mobile phone goes on sale
- Oppo A18 Full Specifications and Prices
- Oppo A2 Pro Specifications and Price
Advertising statement: The external jump links (including but not limited to hyperlinks, QR codes, passwords, etc.) contained in the article are used to convey more information and save selection time. The results are for reference only. All Naijatechnews articles include this statement.