Oppo Reno 6
The Oppo Reno 6 emerges with a package that bears a lot of stalemates from the previously Oppo Reno 5. However, there is a transition from Snapdragon to MediaTek. There is also an observable change in the design. Read on to ascertain your purchase decision.
Oppo Reno 6 Key Specs and Features
- 6.43-inch OLED, 1080 x 2400 Pixels (410 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.3
- MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display, Optical)
- SuperVOOC 2.0 Fast Charging (65W Capacity)
- 5G Support
- 4300mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The placements on the Oppo Reno 6 chassis are pretty much the same as seen on the Reno 5. What makes the difference here is the chassis build. Here we have a square sides as opposed to what is seen on its predecessor. This flat edges design is sort of similar to what is seen on the iPhone 12.
Perusing the chassis, you will find a square camera module with round edges on the rear. This module bears three cameras and an LED flash. Also on the rear is the Oppo branding, which indicates it’s an Oppo smartphone.
Moving upfront, we have a 6.43-inch OLED display with a punch-hole camera in the top left corner. This display has a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a screen density of approximately 410 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
The colour options available on this Android phone include Black, Blue, Aurora, and Purple.
The rear camera setup on the Oppo Reno 6, is one camera less than what we have on the Reno 5, which is facilitated by the absence of the telephoto camera. However, all other cameras on the rear are the same.
On the rear, we have a 64MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.7, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4. We also have an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a 119˚ FOV. The video record on this setup is capped at 4k @ 30fps.
Moving on to the selfie camera side, we have a 32MP camera which is the same as seen on the Reno 5.
Hardware and Software
The Reno 6 makes opts for a MediaTek Diminesity 900 5G processor, as opposed to the Qualcomm snapdragon 765 on the Reno 5. We also have the Mali-G78 MC4 GPU in place of the Adreno 620 GPU.
Also on the performance train are 8GB / 12GB RAM options, 128GB / 256GB storage options, a 4300mAh Li-Po battery and 65W fast charging as seen on its predecessor.
On the software side, we have the ColorOS 11.3 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Oppo Reno 6 features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.2.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts will be able to utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, streaming and uploads.
Oppo Reno 6 Price and Availability
Oppo Reno 6 price starts at around $429 which translates to 176,560 in Naira, 46,641 KSH in Kenya and 2,532 GHS in Ghana.
The Oppo Reno 6 was announced on the May 27th 2021 and released for purchase on June 11th 2021.
Oppo Reno 6 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno 6:
- Platform: Android 11, ColorOS 11.3
- Processor: MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm) (Octa-core 2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G78 MC4
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB
- Colours: Black, Blue, Aurora, Purple
- Dimension: 156.8 x 72.1 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 182 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.43-inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 Pixels, ~88.3% screen-to-body ratio, ~409 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.7, PDAF + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 119˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.4, Panorama, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800
- 3G WCDMA: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1x
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66
- 5G: 1, 3, 5, 8, 20, 28, 7, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4300mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 65W Fast Charging Capacity