I still remember the trademark payoff of Peugeot back in the 80s and 90s. At the end of the commercial, what you hear is “motion and emotion”, even though it’s mostly said in French. It is amazing how the Peugeot brand has sustained its relevance and preference over the years, especially in Nigeria. If you’re observant, you must’ve noticed that it is common in several government agencies and parastatals, especially the armed forces.
There was a time when the 504, 505 and Pick-Up were the trending models. Today, there are several of them as Peugeot continues to evolve through innovative ideas to continue to engender the heritage and tradition for which it was created. The 406 and 407 are two models within the more recent generation that continue to satisfy the needs of teeming users.
Again, the 406 especially is a common vehicle used by security agencies such as the Army, Navy and the Air force. The reason for this is not fully known, but one can guess that the design and spec of the model makes it a very steady and yet rugged vehicle. It has the look of corporate maturity coupled with the respect that comes with such big brands.
Table of Contents
Peugeot 406 Overview
The Peugeot 406 brand is a series of designs produced between 1995 and 2004. It is often regarded as a family model, containing releases as the coupe, estate and saloon body designs. It came as a sequel to the Peugeot 405 model and includes both petrol and turbo diesel engines. It is a front-engine and a front-wheel drive vehicle, using a variety of engines including 1.6L I4 Petrol, 2.0 L I4 Petrol, 2.9L V6 Petrol, and 2.1L I4 Diesel.
Peugeot 406 Prices in Nigeria
I have already stated that production of the 406 model ended in 2004. Therefore, you will not get a brand new Peugeot 406 anywhere. What you can easily find are Tokunbo and locally used ones.
Peugeot 406 Prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- Peugeot 406 2009 === N1,200,000 – N1,800,000
- Peugeot 406 (1.8) === N1,500,000 – N2,500,000
Peugeot 406 Prices in Nigeria (Locally Used)
- Peugeot 406 === N450,000 – N650,000
Things you should know about Peugeot 406
The Peugeot 406 model, whether saloon, coupé or estate is a family car, in that it can carry a family of four or five, including the driver. It has been around for more than 20 years but still commands great respect from users and non-users alike. It comes in both manual and automatic on a 4-speed automatic (all models) and 5-speed manual (2.9 V6 models only) transmission.
All members of the 406 family stands at a height of 1,396 mm (55.0 in), while there are variations in the width; 1,764 mm (69.4 in) for the sedan, 1,760 mm (69.3 in) for the wagon, while the coupé has a width of 1,780 mm (70.1 in). In length, the wagon is longer with a length of 4,736 mm (186.5 in). The coupé comes next with a length of 4,615 mm (181.7 in), while the sedan stretches at 4,555 mm (179.3 in).
The wheelbase of the Peugeot 406 measures 2,700 mm or 106.3”, stable enough for a car of its stature. By clear observation, you’ll see that there is a strong influence of the 405 model on the 406’s design. While the diesel version of the car became very popular in most parts of the world, Nigerians prefer the petrol version for obvious reasons. The Coupé which is not very common in Nigeria is a 2-door 406 variety launched in Paris in 1996.
The Coupé comes with engines ranging from a 2.0 L four cylinder engine, a 3.0 L V6, a 2.2 L HDi diesel engine, and a 2.2 L petrol engine. Just over 100,000 Coupés were produced.
Things you will like about the Peugeot 406
Handling: For those who have driven the 406 before, there is no denying how well it goes, and how easily it can be handled. It would surprise you to know that the car has an element of rear steering too.
Great Suspension: As expected, Peugeot did a good job with the suspension. The rear bushings were amazingly designed to allow flexibility in the longitudinal area than even the transverse links. This helps to smoothen out small bumps pretty well.
Roominess: Obviously, and remarkably too, the Peugeot 406 had more interior room than its predecessor. From the trunk to even the sitting area, there was definitely more room to do more.
Quality: From the parts, to the design, smoothness of ride, and strong engine (V6 and others), the 406 is a very high quality vehicle even when compared to other competitive brands.
Easy to Ride: Peugeot has always been known for producing cars that offer pleasurable riding experience. The easy gear change and the super smooth steering all combine to make it so.
Things you will not like about the Peugeot 406
Apart from being utterly simplistic in build, it also lacks a cruise control which would’ve given it an extra edge.
Also, running costs if this model is a bit on the high side.
Peugeot 407 Prices in Nigeria
The Peugeot 407 was produced between 2004 and 2010 after production of 406 was discontinued. It is a larger family car that is, maybe not as popular as the 406, but had its own share of the market. As production has ceased about 8 years ago, it is impossible to get a brand new 407. Therefore, we shall be looking at prices of Tokunbo and Nigerian used versions.
Peugeot 407 Prices in Nigeria (Tokunbo)
- Peugeot 407 (2006) === N2,000,000 – N3,200,000
Locally Used 407
- Peugeot 407 (2006) === N800,000 – N1,700,000
Things to know about the Peugeot 407
The car was launched in 2010, also in Paris. It had a race car version known as the 407 silhouette. It comes with several choices of engines including the 1.8L I4 Petrol, 2.0L I4 Petrol, 1.6L I4 Diesel, and the 2.9L V6 Petrol.
The car shares certain similarities with the C5 and C6 Citroen, with dimensions at 4,676 mm (184.1 in) for the sedan, 4,763 mm (187.5 in) (wagon), 4,815 mm (189.6 in) (coupé) in length; Width of 1,811 mm (71.3 in) (sedan, wagon) and 1,868 mm (73.5 in) (coupé); while the height stands at 1400mm (55.1 in) (coupé), 1,455 mm (57.3 in) (sedan), and 1,494 mm (58.8 in) (wagon).
What you’ll like about Peugeot 4.7
This car is known to produce high performance, and it sure can withstand the test of time.
Roominess: I said the 406 is roomy this is even more spacious, allowing you to carry anything you need to carry in it.
Exterior Beauty: The exterior design is also beautiful to look at. This adds class and elegance to an already amazing car.
Comfort: The car is very comfortable, both to drive and to sit in.
Things you won’t like about Peugeot 407
First of all, this car can appear really sluggish.
Also, it can incur very high running costs.
Check current prices of other cars in Nigeria
- Honda Crosstour Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Hyundai Creta Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Prices of Tokunbo Cars in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Peugeot 301 & 307 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Nissan Pathfinder & Xterra Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Kia Car Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Prices of Hyundai Cars in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Mercedes Benz Cars & Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Honda Accord Evil Spirit & Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Gear Oil Price in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Nissan X-Trail & Qashqai Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Lexus GX470 & GX460 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Price of Hyundai ix35 in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Prices of Lexus ES300, ES330 & ES350 in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Prices of BMW X4, X5 & X6 in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Hyundai i10 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Golf 3, 4, 5 & 6 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Power Bike Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Ford Explorer & Escape Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Prices of Ford Edge in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Peugeot 206 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Prices of Acura ZDX in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Mercedes G-Wagon Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Car Battery Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Honda Discussion Continues: Prices in Nigeria June, 2020
- Peugeot 406, 407 & 408 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Price of Range Rover Sport in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Bicycle Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Lexus RX300, RX330 and RX350 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Mercedes GLE 450 Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Mercedes 4matic Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Kia Picanto Prices in Nigeria (January, 2022)
- Tokunbo Cars in Cotonou & Prices (January, 2022)
- Cost of Mercedes GLK 350 in Nigeria (January, 2022)