realme has launched two new realme GT series devices in its home country China These phones, dubbed realme GT Master Edition and realme GT Master Explorer Edition, feature a unique suitcase-inspired design, Qualcomm chipsets, high-refresh-rate display, fast charging, and more. Let’s take a detailed look at these handsets.
The realme GT Master Edition series is co-designed by Naoto Fukasawa. He is the same Japanese industrial designer who was responsible for the design of previous realme Master Edition phones.
However, unlike those smartphones, which were merely new design variants of existing models, the new Master Edition phones are new handsets by themselves.
These devices sport an identical suitcase-inspired design made out of vegan leather. They also come in a standard glass finish.
realme GT Master Edition
The vanilla realme GT Master Edition features a 6.43-inch Samsung Super AMOLED display (flat) with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels (FHD+), 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 5,000,000:1 contrast ration, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 91.7% screen-to-body ratio, punch-hole, and 1,000 nits peak brightness. As for performance, it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC.
For photography and videography, the phone uses a 64MP (wide) + 8MP (ultra-wide) + 2MP (macro) triple camera setup on the back and a 32MP front-facing camera.
On the connectivity front, the handset support dual-SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GNSS, NFC, and USB Type-C port. Unfortunately, it lack a MicroSD card slot as well as a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Additionally, unlike the Explorer Edition, it lacks a dual-speaker system with support for Dolby Audio but still have Hi-Res Audio certification.
The phone run realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 and support 65W SuperDart fast charging. It is fueled by a 4,300mAh battery.
realme GT Master Edition Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, July 21
- Status: Exp. release 2021, July 30
- Dimensions: 159.2 mm x 73.5 mm x 8.0/8.7 mm (depending on color)
- Weight: 174/178 g (depending on color) (6.14 oz)
- Colors: Gray, White, Aurora
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 120Hz, 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.43 inches, 99.8 cm2 (~85.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 100% in 33 min (advertised)
realme GT Master Price and Availability
The realme GT Master Edition comes in three options, namely Suitcase Gray, Dawn, and Snow Mountain and will go for the following price tags in China.
- 8GB + 128GB – ¥2,399 ($371)
- 8GB + 256GB – ¥2,599 ($402)
The devices will be available for grabs at 4 PM (local time) for those who registered for the Early birds sale. Pre-orders will be opened post that, followed by the first open sale on July 27. No official word yet on the phone’s availability outside mainland China.